Google Search Results

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Cookies, Shopping , & Hopefully Sleep

It doesn't hurt my feelings at all that Christmas is nearly over. This has not been the best year for me; luckily everyone is going to Mom's this year. I got up this morning feeling rather crappy. I didn't sleep any better last night than I have been lately, even though I went to bed early. I also seem to be coming down with some sort of head cold or something; how lovely, just what I wanted for Christmas.

Mom and my sister, Cathy were coming to pick me up today and since I wasn't sure what the plan was, I had a strawberry Chobani yogurt spinkled with some corn flakes and cheerios. The strawberry is very good, but so far the pineapple is my favorite.


We went to Captain D's for lunch. I almost forgot pictures....but I didn't ha, ha. I got the catfish feast, which was 3 pieces of fried breaded catfish, broccoli, baked potato and hushpuppies. I could make a meal of their hushpuppies. I couldn't eat it all, so I got the rest to go.


We got in a little last minute shopping or I should say, Mom did. The crowds are too much for me. I was ready to go before, I got there. I like doing my shopping online or early in the morning while the rest of the world sleeps. The problem with the latter is that lately, I too am asleep. When the kids were young, I would drop them off at school and run to get in a little shopping before all the stores were crowded. I've even been known to hit Walmart with the kids in tow before school, but it was usually some sort of last minute emergency.

We went back to Mom's and she made up Spritz cookie dough and we loaded the cookie gun and shot out a few dozen, sprinkled assorted shapes with colored sugar and cinnamon red hots. We taste tested a few of the broken one. You know those have to be eaten or throw away and we didn't want them to go to waste, lol. The ones with the little cinnamon candies on them were the best. We even did a few with peppermint sugar, but they weren't very peppermint-y.

Red & Yellow sugar sprinkles

Yellow sugar and red hots

Peppermint Sprinkles

Silver Bells

The Spritz cookies are a family tradition. We've had these every year as long as I can remember.

The wreaths were my favorite. The cinnamon candies melted and some looked sort of like bows.



We fixed the Christmas blend decaf, but I was a little disappointed. It wasn't as good as I had hoped. I seem to have gotten over the whole flavored coffee kick. It had sort of a carmel-ly flavor, which I am not a big fan of. I should have brought the peppermint cocoa mix, but I may have to fight Lucas for that. I can always make my own with the peppermint syrup. I've been wanting to make some cocoa from chocolate, but I haven't gotten around to getting a recipe for it yet.


After I got home, I finished off my lunch time leftovers. I had a couple of the pieces of catfish, the rest of the potato, a couple of hushpuppies and some spinach and salad mix with Italian dressing. I saved a couple of the hushpuppies for Lucas. We love their hushpuppies. They are better fresh, but still good reheated in the oven. Microwaving fried foods is a big no-no as far as I'm concerned.


I bought me some Cold Eze which, I am a firm believer in, to head off this cold or whatever and I also got some Melatonin to see if that will help me sleep. I just got the 1mg version of the Melatonin to start out. It also has B6, which the others didn't have. I will let you know how that goes. I am always so tired when I go to bed and then after about an hour or two, I am wide awake, I toss and turn all night, dozing in and out until 5 of  6am. I sleep deeply after that waking every hour until I finally get up. I would love to sleep like I use too. I use to lay down, close my eyes and die until morning. That was when I was doing yoga, I really need to start doing it again.

Well, now I am going to get ready for bed, I am soooo ready for some sleep. In the spirit of Christmas, here's the link to Sunday's Singing Christmas Tree for those who haven't seen it or for those who'd like to see  it again. Merry Christmas and sweet dreams! Cya tomorrow.

BTW I got my sample of Folger's Special Roast in the mail today, or should I say Dale's sample, since I'm no longer doing the caffeine.

2 comments: