Google Search Results

Saturday, December 11, 2010

A 3 Minute Oatmeal Cookie

Yes!!!! It worked....my positive thinking that is. I was well rested this morning, in a good mood, positive attitude, and no back pain. I found a new oatmeal recipe I wanted to try. I had a oatmeal cookie for breakfast, but this was no ordinary oatmeal cookie. This was a 3 minute oatmeal cookie, a healthy breakfast cookie you make in the microwave; a cookie for one, but I made two. I made one for me and one for  Lucas. The cookie is sort of like the baked oatmeal, not crunchy or crisp like your average cookie, but yummy and very portable. I had a fuji apple with mine. The cookie was very filling, so I couldn't eat all of the apple, half  the apple would have been enough. I was stuffed.
.



Here's the recipe for the cookie. You can also find the  recipe at The Edible Perspective.


3-Minute Oatmeal Cookie 


1/4c oatmeal
1 egg white [or 1/8c]
1/4t cinnamon
1/4t baking powder
splash of vanilla ~1/2t
1T dark chocolate chunks
1T  chopped walnuts
1T  dried cranberries
1.5t brown sugar
2t flour
¾ tsp ground flax (I added this also)

1.Mash everything together until combined.
2.Pat down with the back of a spoon in a bowl.
3.Microwave for 45sec on high.
4.Let cool for ~30sec and slide out of the bowl.
5.EAT!

Note: I doubled everything, used a whole egg and made two. One with half an apple was plenty, but I had no whites and didn't want to waste a yoke.

I felt a lot better today than yesterday. I managed to get some things done around the house. I even got my Christmas tree up, not decorated but I did get it up, luckily it's pre-lit, saves me a little decorating.  I spent the day catching up on what had gotten behind while I was down in my back. I was careful not to over do it, but I still managed to get a lot done.

Nah, this isn't mine, but it's close, lol.



Yeah, it's a crappy little tree, lol, but I plan to make it look a lot better.

For lunch I had an Amy's frozen dinner. It was a spinach and cheese enchilada verde made with organic tortillas, rice and tomatillos. It was pretty good for a frozen dinner and so much better than the other frozen dinners I've had lately. I would definitely buy this one again.




I was craving corn bread today, but I needed to get some things from the grocery store and by the time we went and got back, I was starving and decided to do something different. I have been wanting a Morning Star Farms Chik patty with cranberry chutney since Thanksgiving. I picked up some football shaped buns for it while we were out. They look funny, but they taste great. I love them, they also make great French toast.

This sandwich was perfect. It was just what I was in the mood for. I baked the bun in the toaster toaster oven for a few minutes to crisp up the outside. It smelled so good. I shredded up some butter lettuce, put on some slices of red bell pepper and added the patty topped with cranberry chutney. I spread a little mayo on the bun and sprinkled it with some sea salt and cracked pepper. It was delicious. As Dale's Grand Daddy use to say, "It tasted like another one." You know it's good, when you are sad that you are full.











Ok now,  I've got my tree, have you got one? Mine is artificial as you can see, but due to allergies, I can't do a real one. Is your tree real or artificial? Do you still struggle with the strings of lights or are you taking the pre-lit route? Subscribe to my post and find out if I really can make my Charlie Brown tree look better.

No comments:

Post a Comment