Google Search Results

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Adventures In Babysitting or Fisher Price vs. Pillsbury

Oh boy, will I be cravin' the carbs today. I did not sleep very well. I finally took something to help me sleep about 4am. I slept good after that but then I got up late. I of course had a muffin for breakfast brunch, but I only had 1 half with a pineapple Chobani Greek yogurt topped with shredded coconut, chopped pecans and a teaspoon of ground flax. It was yummy. It reminded me of German chocolate cake. It's suppose to be better if you eat your carbs with protein. Go me!





I really needed to be rested today. I was babysitting Lexi today while her Mom and Dad went Christmas shopping. We had a big day planned. I needed to get the house straightened up. I like to have as much done as I can so that I can devote all my time to Lexi without feeling compelled to clean something. After sleeping in late, I didn't have as much time to prep things as I would have liked.  I had lunch just before Lexi arrived. I was in a hurry so I grabbed one of my frozen vegetable enchiladas from the freezer and ate it burrito style, topped with sour cream and taco sauce.



After Lexi got here, I actually remembered to get a few shots of her. I gave her the books and Santa purse that my Aunt Lynda has sent for her. Lexi was very happy. She even posed for pictures. Lexi moves at the speed of light, so she is not easy to get pictures of. In fact most of the time I have the camera on action or sport setting. I still have a hard time getting decent photos of her. I am too shaky for people pictures. They always wind up blurry. Lexi's pictures are usually the worst, but better since I started using the action setting. I just have to remember to change the setting.


Lexi played the Wii while she was here. She loves to bowl and play baseball. She is very good at bowling usually bowling strikes or spares. The baseball she doesn't really understand yet but has a wonderful time playing. After playing the we, she and I had a snack. She had cream cheese and crackers and I had carrots and peanut butter. She tried mine and ate it, but like hers better.






She dressed up in her fairy costume, we watched Angelina Ballerina, Barney, and My Bedbugs on Netflix and we baked Pillsbury ready to bake snowman cookies. Lexi also baked some pretend cookies of her own. We had a little of both lol.


Lexi with the tree she decorated herself.








Taste Test
Fisher Price vs. Pillsbury

It looks like Pillsbury is the clear winner here....


After the cookie photos, I pretty much forgot about the camera, but I did pretty good, at remember to get pictures, at least up to that point. Lexi had a turkey and cheese sandwich and a couple of glasses of milk with the chocolate milk mix from Save Alot added. She was totally satisfied with the quality lol. I may look for a recipe for a healthier alternative. I'm just not crazy about chocolate milk. She also had some plain milk and a glass of water. I didn't get pictures of any of this.

We played with Lexi's doll house and furniture and use the clay we have to make vegetables to put in the little refrigerator. Not long after that Lexi's Mom and Dad came and sat for a little while. I unfortunately never got the first picture of Mary. I was too busy playing with her. She is getting to be about as rotten and Lexi, maybe more.

After they left, I had a bite to eat. I am tire and didn't feel like making anything elaborate. I just had a Boca with butter lettuce, pickle and chipotle mayo. I have the link to mine, but it was store bought mayo.



I've had a full day. I should sleep very well tonight. After playing the Wii, Lexi will probably sleep pretty good too. Tomorrow night we are attending the Singing Christmas Tree at Lexi's church where she will be performing. She really enjoys performing and we can't wait to see her. Hopefully I will have pictures. 
Are you subscribed to my blog? If so, I'd like to thank you and would love for you to leave a comment, if nothing else but to say hello. If not, I would like to invite you to subscribe via RSS or Email. Your comments are welcome too.  Thanks also for just dropping in to check out the blog. Cya tomorrow. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to try a vegetable burrito. They look very good. Fisher Price cookies look good, too. They are the kind I need to eat. I know Lexi enjoyed her day with Mimi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Fisher Price cookies are probably low calorie and I assume pretty filling, but I couldn't get past the taste, lol.

    ReplyDelete