Google Search Results

Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Wishing For Something Different

Is it cold enough where you are? Is sure is cold enough here, 27 degrees, as I type. The wind makes it feel cooler in the house, great for sleeping, but not so good for getting up. I could just sleep the day away when it's cool and I am toasty under blankets.

The double chocolate banana muffins are gone. I'm surprised they lasted as long as they did. I could have eaten more than one, but I was trying to be good or better. Today's breakfast was half a gingerbread bagel from Panera, which I'd had in the freezer; the last one. I spread some almond butter on it and sprinkled it with dried cranberries as I did with the last one I ate; it's a great combo. I would have liked to have had something different though, but I have to get rid of the food I have before I get more.


Today's food is all about using what I've got. I can't afford to waste. I prefer food that you can transform into other things, like vegetables into soup, etc., that way it isn't like eating the same thing over and over. Today was also about babying my back since it's bothering me, to avoid making it worse, so the food is simple and quick.

I had pinto beans in the fridge, which I'd used partially in soup. I had planned to make something else with the rest, but I already have too much food that needs to be eaten quickly, so I just added a little onion and ate it as-was. I had sat avoiding  movement until I was pretty hungry, so anything that was quick and easy was welcome.



I was bored sitting and full. I had contemplated taking a nap, but never seem to get around to it. I managed to find enough on the internet to keep me busy. I hate not being able to do things when I actually feel like it. It's almost as bad as having to do something when you don't feel like it. It's looking like my Christmas tree decorating is delayed.

Dinner was also leftovers, potato wedges and the rest of the broccoli casserole, which was quite a bit more than I thought there was. I ended up splitting the wedges with Lucas. I was stuffed, almost miserably. I am hoping there aren't anymore leftovers hiding in the fridge, although they do help with the grocery bill. It seems like lately, I've been eating a lot of the same things, over and over and over.



It tasted better than it looks, lol. 

Well, since I managed to finish up early and there's nothing much on television, I think I will find a movie on Netflix. How did you spend the evening? Until tomorrow, have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment