Google Search Results

Monday, December 06, 2010

Cajin Crab Cakes

Well, it's another, "wish I could stay in bed" day. Of course, I couldn't do that. I was cold and my back hurt, so it would have been nice if I could. I hope I'm not coming down with a cold or something. I don't usually get sick, but when I do, it is usually bad. I need to start drinking more juice and upping my vitamin C intake to boost my immunity before all the cold and flu germs jump on me.

Anyway.... I got up and fixed myself another double chocolate banana muffin with peanut butter. I had a juicy tangerine to go with it. I love oranges, prefer navels. I hate seeds, so tangerines are not my favorite, but I take what I can get. I still have one navel left unless someone else has eat it. There are times when you buy naval oranges and they are sort of tart or don't have a good flavor, but then there are times when you get them and they are juicy and sweet. Once I come across a good batch, I can eat 2-3 a day. Unfortunately, I haven't come across any like that in quite a while, maybe it's just me.

I'm gettin' my C today!



After breakfast I checked my email and got ready to go to Mama's. I wanted to be over there a little early because I was suppose to fix crab cakes. I made these using imitation crab meat. I can't really afford the real stuff at the moment, but these are pretty good.

Here's the line up for this Sunday's Dinner. As usual I'm getting the meat out of the way first. I've also included the recipe for the crab cakes.

There were hamburgers.....

Fried chicken....

Imitation crab cakes, yum!

Macaroni Salad

Cauliflower and tomatoes

Breaded potato wedges

Broccoli casserole

Sliced tomatoes

My Plate


(Cajin) Imitation Crab Cakes makes approx. 6-7 crab cakes


12 oz. pkg. of imitation crab (I've used all types, shredded, chunk, flaked, whatever)
3/4 c. crushed wheat crackers (Town House or the large round specialty crackers are my choice)
1 1/2 tsp. Cajin Shake Seasoning
1 tsp. dried parsley
2 eggs
1-2 Tbsp. mayo

  1. First I pinch up the crab into smaller pieces or break the shreds apart, depending on what type you're using.
  2. Add the cracker crumbs, parsley and cajin seasoning to the crab and stir to combine evenly.
  3. Add eggs and then enough mayo to moisten so that you can form a patty/cake. 
  4. Add a little oil to a frying pan or spray a nonstick pan with cooking spray. 
  5. Fry crab cakes over medium heat, flipping occasionally until golden brown and done. They should feel firmer and sort of spongy. 
I suppose you could use real crab; if you do, please let me know how they turn out.

After we ate, Mom, my sister, Cathy and I went over to the mall and shopped a little. They shopped, I watched, lol. We went to several stores. I saw a few things, I would love to have and several things I thought would make great Christmas gifts. We also saw Santa Claus, but I forgot my camera. I need one that hangs around my neck, lol, but like my shirts, it would get food all over it.

Before we knew it, it was later than we thought, we had to rush back so that we could go home before dark. I hate driving in the dark. We didn't quite make it, but it wasn't too bad. I was so cold when I got home. The wind was straight off ice. My back was hurting again; too much walking I suppose. I had a bowl of yesterday's vegetable soup to warm me up, but it wasn't exactly soup anymore. The dehydrated veggies had sucked up all the liquid I guess. It was still good, but I was actually looking forward to the hot broth. This cold weather really puts me in the mood for soup.


I also had dessert after I got home. Mom had made strawberry dump cake, which is cake, vanilla pudding, jello, strawberries, and cool whip.


Like cool whip much...

It was a pretty good day, just way too cold for me. I have had Christmas songs in my head all day, we got snow yesterday, and saw Santa today. It just feels like Christmas time, so the weather is right, I guess. I can't hardly believe it. We were looking at all the Christmas gifts on display and I haven't gotten the first gift yet, but I will have to get a few things soon. Have you been good, cause Santa's out and about? What are you hoping to find under the tree this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment