Google Search Results

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Naughty But Nice

Awww breakfast, an orange cranberry muffin from La Patisserie and some red seedless grapes. I debated whether or not to eat the whole muffin, but it was one of those days, when you throw caution to the wind and say I only live once, what the heck. I tried to reason with myself, by having fresh fruit with it. Yeah, that makes eating that great big sticky sweet far from low fat muffin, so much better for me, I know that now and I knew it then and I ate it anyway. Oh well, nobody's perfect. We all slip, I do it on a daily basis, but I forgive myself and try to do better next time. It's ok to be a little naughty.



How can you say no to this?

I make a lot better choices than I use to. As I've gotten older, I've had to make better choices. It's a lot easier to gain weight and harder to lose now, than it use to be. If I ate like I did 20 years ago, I would definitely be overweight. I lost about 35 lbs. a few years ago and I gained half of it back in the last year. After losing the weight I felt safe and wasn't as careful about what I ate and I slipped back into old habits. It's easy to do. I am trying to eat better, but lately it's been very hard. Eventually I will do better. My goal right now is just to keep from gaining anymore.

Oh and you know my theory about craving carbs when you're tired, I was right. I saw on Dr. Oz this morning that lack of sleep makes you crave more carbs. They were talking about stress. Stress causes you to lose sleep, lack of sleep, makes you crave carbs, carbs make you gain weight, so ultimately stress makes you gain weight. Ok, well enough about that. Can you feel my guilt from having eaten that muffin, lol?

Lunch was a little healthier. I had one of Amy's Bowls. Can you say portion control? That's one of the things I love about frozen meals, there's no leftovers and no seconds. I had the tortilla casserole and black beans made with organic vegetables and tomatoes. It's also gluten free. I have been very impressed so far with Amy's frozen meals, both this and the enchilada verde were very good, of course fresh is always better, but I was very satisfied with them.



I also had a little piece of the Lindt Chili infused dark chocolate. SLIP


After lunch, we went to Save Alot Food Store. We were checking out the prices and seeing what they have. The prices were pretty good. Somethings were cheaper than Aldi's who's prices have gone up recently(in the last year actually). They also have more brand name foods and better fresh fruits and veggies. On the items that weren't cheaper, the price was around the same as anywhere else, no higher.  They also have a larger variety of food compared to Aldi's. I'll tell you about the things we bought as we try them.


I did get some more lite cream cheese while we were there and some Ritz type crackers. I tried those as my before dinner snack with some of the jalapeƱo jelly. Yummo, I couldn't tell a difference. They did have the full fat version of the Philadelphia cream cheese and it was actually cheaper than the lite off brand. We got one of each. The lite was .99 and the Philly was .89.

Naughty.....

but nice....

Dinner was pizza and fresh veggies. I had half a frozen pizza, 5 cheese and tomato with fresh broccoli and baby carrots. I got the bag of baby carrots at Save Alot for .79. They tasted exactly the same as the ones I bought for .99 but I was .20 richer. Hey, it adds up.




Ok, now I'm off to catch some zzzzzz's. I'm going to start concentrating on getting more sleep and see if I can stop cramming carbs. After looking at what I ate today, these pictures aren't helping, lol. Have you been naughty? What naughty/nice food have you indulged in? Help ease my guilt.

2 comments:

  1. My guilty pleasure right now is a Reese's Christmas Tree. I am addicted.

    How was the pizza? I have a coupon for $2 off if I buy two more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pizza was pretty good. I usually sprinkle extra garlic and oregano or rosemary on frozen pizzas, but I just tried it without first. I did miss the extra seasoning. Basil will be good on that one. I still have half in the freezer.

    ReplyDelete