Google Search Results

Saturday, December 04, 2010

A Good Day For Soup

Today started off cold and dreary. As you may know, I played too long yesterday and didn't get my post in until this morning/today. It was a long post. I got up a little early knowing I need to get that done and it took longer than I had hoped. I got me a double chocolate banana muffin for breakfast. I sliced it into and spread a generous gob of creamy peanut butter onto it. I also cut up a gala apple to go with it. The muffin was even yummier with the PB spread on it. It wasn't the healthiest breakfast, but it was one of the tastiest.



Just as I was finishing up this mornings post, it began to snow, great big giant snowfakes, which didn't last long. It barely covered the back porch and then began to sleet and ended in rain. It has been a lazy day and I could use a nap. To avoid sleep, I got up and fixed me some lunch.

 I decide to have some soup, perfect for a cold dreary day. I had dried vegetable soup mix from Yoder's Amish Market. You just add water and let is stand for about 5 minutes, then you bring it to a boil, add any extra veggies you'd like and let it simmer for 10 minutes or more depending on what you add. I added the last little bit of yesterday's succotash, thin strips of cabbage, and some canned pinto beans; a few crackers and I was good to go. I'm not sure what kind of crackers, I used. I threw away the box and put them in a plastic container. Whatever they were, they were good, lol, and so was the soup.






After lunch I was still fighting sleep, so I gave in and took a nap. When I woke up I had a cup of hot water with lime juice and honey. I think I could have slept longer, lol. I am hoping my nap doesn't interfere with my sleep tonight.


It wasn't long before I was ready for dinner. I planned to have a Stouffer's single serving vegetable lasagna, fresh baby carrots and broccoli with dip. I threw together a dip using, sour cream, vinegar, lemon juice, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and Parmesan cheese. It was very good. I plan to make it again with measurements and hope to post the recipe.



Thanks to my lazy day, I did get a head start on my blog. We never got anymore snow, but it was a good day for soup and I don't know about you, but every time I look at that muffin pic with the peanut butter, just makes me want another one, lol, How about you?

What's your favorite, cold weather comfort food? See ya tomorrow, same bat time, same bat channel.

No comments:

Post a Comment