Google Search Results

Friday, December 03, 2010

Quick Food Choices Aren't Always Best

I really had a chilly start this morning, it seems the power blinked sometime early this morning. My heat went off and didn't come back on with the power. I didn't realize what the problem was until later when I saw the clock on the stove blinking, which usually happens with a power outage. I got up and got everything going and warmed up, thankful it wasn't more serious. I was super hungry and had another piece of the baked oatmeal, more vanilla yogurt and apple slices. I have really enjoyed breakfast this week.



The Cranberry Orange Pecan is still my favorite!

Because of my cool start I didn't get busy right away. I ate and then sat covered on the couch with a throw blanket and my laptop until it was warmer; that put me behind. I still managed to get a few things done. I didn't get the tree out though, hopefully tomorrow. I did get my fern repotted after a year in a pot that was too small; now maybe it won't dry out so quickly. I also realize I have too many bird houses for my small living room. I have no idea why, but I don't want to part with any of them.

I couldn't decide what to have for lunch, nothing I had appealed to me. I finally settled on tuna. I fixed tuna salad with mayonnaise, mustard and dill pickles. It may sound odd, but it's pretty good. I don't always fix it that way, but occasionally I do. I had baby carrots and 2 of the brown and serve rolls. I really didn't want the rolls, but I didn't want them to go to waste. It's scary that they are even still good, lol. It makes me wonder about stuff sometimes.
You can tell I didn't really want to rolls, I nearly burnt them....stupid toaster oven.


We rode over to Mom's for a little bit after Lucas got home and then came back to the house. I am still trying to declutter, figuring out what to keep and what to get rid of. The hardest part is when the things aren't all yours. I really hate man junk (things that men accumulate and just leave laying around). I don't know what to do with it and apparently neither do they and heaven forbid you move it, much less get rid of it. I have a plastic container full of bolts that I have found laying around and that is just the tip of it. I usually take those out to the garage when the container gets full. Yes, it's been full before, several times. Who needs that many bolts, right?

Well, after a little decluttering, I went to planning what I'd have for dinner. I wanted something quick because, I still had things to do. I nuked a vegetable burrito otherwise known as a cheesy vegetable enchilada without the sauce and I had some tortilla chips and peach salsa to go with it. It was the first time I'd tried the peach salsa. It wasn't bad, it was different, sweet and spicy. Lucas liked it too. He's planning to maybe fix some chicken with it.



After I had dinner and got a few more things done, I was ready for a snack. I had a few graham crackers with peanut butter. I'm still tasting peanut butter.


With the exception of breakfast, today's meal choices were somewhat lacking. Tomorrow I will have to put more thought into it.

Do you have Man Junk at your house? What growing collection of Man Junk do you have? Hey guys, help us out declutter your man junk, lol. See ya tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment