Google Search Results

Saturday, December 04, 2010

Double Chocolate Banana Muffins Recipe

Happy Saturday! Sorry I didn't get this out last night. I had my two favorite girls over, my grand daughters, Lexi and Mary. I was babysitting while their Mom and Dad went to Reese's company Christmas party. It ended up being a late night. We were having such a good visit, that time got away from everyone and before you know it, their coach turned into a pumpkin. It was late and I was very tired.

Yesterday's breakfast went like this:
 I jumped up and got me a bowl of cheerios with a little honey drizzled over them and some 2% milk. I needed a quick breakfast, so that I could get started making......Double Chocolate Banana Muffins.




These are quite possibly my favorite muffins. I also needed to run to the store and get the play pen set up for Mary, which I put in the Christmas tree spot for now.

Here are most of the ingredients....

Flour, Sugar, Cocoa, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Salt....

Mix the dry ingredients together...except for the chips

Next up the banana, egg, oil (which I forgot to put in the shot), & chocolate chips

Eggs, oil, & mashed bananas.....no chips yet...

Blend the wet ingredients and add to the dry....

Stir just until moist....it will seem too dry at first, but it'll be alright....

Now...you can throw in the chips....

Then you fold them in.....
The last shots I got were really crappy one handed shots of me trying to put the batter in the muffin cups and take pictures with my left hand....needless to say, it didn't work out....

Anyway, I put the batter into the muffin pan, lined with muffin papers...about 2/3 full and got 14 muffins. I popped them in the oven and it wasn't long until I had some delicious and very nice looking muffins. You owe it to yourself to try these. Your family will love you for it.

Yummo, baby!


Double Chocolate Banana Muffins Recipe #9327
by Charishma Ramchandani  8 -12 muffins

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/4 cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/3 cups mashed ripe bananas
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 egg
1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips

1.In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
2.In a small bowl, combine bananas, oil and egg.
3.Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
4.Fold in chocolate chips.
5.Fill greased or paper lined muffin cups three fourths full.
6.Bake at 350 deg F for 20-25 minutes or until muffins test done.

Note: These didn't turn out as dark as I remember. The last batch was almost black, possibly a different brand or type of cocoa, but they were just as delicious. I got 14 muffins out of this recipe and the baking time was about 26 minutes, except for the 2 I had in a different pan, which always takes longer for some reason. It was about 3 more minutes for them, Since everyones oven is different you can check sooner with a toothpick until it comes out clean.

After running, baking, and cleaning, I finally got around to getting lunch, nearly dinner. I forgot how long muffins take when you are taking pictures as you go. I grabbed a salmon pattie slider with barbecue sauce and some canned succotash (tomatoes, lima beans, & corn). The succotash was good, but it was mostly tomatoes. There again homemade is better.


And of course, I had a muffin mmmm, yummy....

It wasn't long until the girls got here. We had such a good time playing and visiting, I nearly forgot to get  pictures. I am terrible about that. I did, however, get a few before they left. I really am out of practice with babies since Lexi is several years older. (Someone needs to bring them over more often, and they know who they are.) We played and laughed and the girls were both, very good. Lexi and I mostly played with Barbies and she is also into either being the Mommy or the baby. Mary is just into being the baby, lol. Her favorite thing was a cloth book that use to Lexi's with a bee on a string attached. That was one soggy bee when all was said and done. She also likes mocking Lexi, which is hilarious. If Lexi forces a laugh, Mary does too, or if Lexi claps, Mary does the same, etc. Lexi also gets a kick out of it.







After everyone left. I got a bite to eat and got ready for bed. I had a vegetable burrito/enchilada  with taco sauce and light sour cream and called it a night.



That was my Friday and  I enjoyed it; hope you enjoyed yours. BTW, how did you spend your Friday? Bake some muffins, lol. Let me know if you like, 'em.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, we had a wonderful night. Thank U, Thank U, Thank U!!! Reese and I both agreed that you make all your food look so yummy. Love ya lots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are quite welcome, I enjoyed having the girls and thank you for the complement. The pictures don't look as good as I would like them to, but I do my best with them.

    ReplyDelete