Google Search Results

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

3 Minute Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookie

I'm still stuck on how to start off the post. I can tell you how my day actually starts; usually I hear a noise, a dog, a husband or a son, a door bell or the ring of a telephone, maybe even the down pour of rain, but it almost always begins with a noise. I don't open my eyes right away. I have dry eye, which means, while I am sleeping my eyelids are welding themselves to my corneas, so opening them suddenly can be kind of like snatching a band-aid off, just because you do it quickly, doesn't mean it feels any better. I usually try to open them slowly, afterwards I look at the clock which is useless. I can't see it without my glasses and I can hardly see it with them. The only thing it's good for, is providing a little green square of light to annoy me, when I can't sleep.

Well anyway after I was awakened by whatever and I managed to get my eyes open, I got up. I was chilly this morning. I have been with this cold weather we've been having. The heat wouldn't stay on last night, because the fuel line to the heater kept freezing, but I was still warm and cozy in my bed last night. Luckily we have electric heaters also and once the temps outside rise above freezing the heat works again. We are trying to find a solution to this problem, but don't have one at the moment.

After getting up, I decided to fix myself a 3 minute oatmeal cookie. I made a carrot cake version today, instead of the cranberries, I used raisins. I thought about replacing the chocolate with white chocolate chips, but I didn't have any, so I just left out the chocolate. I added a tablespoon of coconut and 2 tablespoons of finely shredded carrot, everything else was the same. I do think I should have added more cinnamon. I doubled everything again and used a whole egg to make 2 cookies. I had one cookie and half a fuji apple for my breakfast and I have one cookie leftover. It was yummy and I can't wait to eat the other one.




3 Minute Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookie


1/4c oatmeal
1 egg white [or 1/8c]
1/4t cinnamon
1/4t baking powder
splash of vanilla ~1/2t
1T  chopped walnuts
1T  raisins

2 T finely shredded carrot
1 T shredded coconut
1.5t brown sugar
2t flour
¾ tsp ground flax (I added this also)

1.Mash everything together until combined.
2.Pat down with the back of a spoon in a bowl.
3.Microwave for 45sec on high.
4.Let cool for ~30sec and slide out of the bowl.
5.EAT!


It finally warmed up outside enough that the heat started working. Lindsay and the girls were coming over today. I wanted to get things straightened up, so I could spend time with the girls. I've had a headache for 2 days, which I can't seem to get completely rid of. I was looking forward to the kids coming over and I was hoping to get rid of the headache, but it didn't happen. Luckily it eased off enough that our plans weren't ruined. I was very distracted and didn't get any photos except for my lunch. I had a bowl of Minestrone and Lindsay and I had cream cheese on crackers with red jalapeno jelly. It was very good. Lexi just had plain cream cheese.



Very Christmas-y, huh?

I had a wonderful time with my grand babies. Lexi made me beautiful. She brushed my hair and added hair barrettes. She took off my glasses. I told her I was blind without them, so she told everyone, "Don't see Mimi blind." She forever says the funniest things. I wish I could remember them all. I need a little voice recorder to carry with me, maybe I could remember to use it better than the camera. Do you think I will ever get better about remembering to take pictures? I avoided the camera for so many years, it's still seems like a bad thing, to take other peoples picture. I am better about remembering to photograph food, etc, just not people.

After everyone went home, I had a veggie burger for dinner. It was a Boca original. The vegan is better. I had it on a bun with spinach, red bell pepper, american cheese, barbecue sauce and dill pickle. I enjoyed it. It was very colorful.




I hope you enjoyed your day. Come back tomorrow, I have something different planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment