Google Search Results

Friday, June 15, 2012

Vegetarian Buffalo Chicken Flat Bread Pizza

This post is more like my usually posts. I had extremely good food yesterday. Breakfast wasn't my favorite, but I forgot to get any of my usual breakfast stuff last week and it wasn't too bad despite the fact that I'm not big on milk & cereal. I basically just had banana on my honey nut cluster cereal, because DH bought more bananas than he was capable of eating by himself and I already and banana slices in the freezer. I really miss my hand blender and my smoothies. Hopefully I'll be able to get another one soon.


The highlight of my day (and this is sad) was my Buffalo Chick'n Flat Bread Pizza made with MorningStar Farms Chick'n Strips. I also used 1 frozen whole grain flat bread (I bought & then put in the freezer) for the crust & GV spicy ranch dressing for the sauce.  I thawed my chick'n strips in the microwave and sprinkled them with Texas Pete.

Then I topped it with some Pizza blend shredded cheese and popped it in the toaster oven to bake for about 8-10 minutes.

It was awesome, but I did have to add a little more Texas Pete.

I will be making this again. It was the best way I've tried to eat the chick'n strips and the flat bread makes the perfect mini pizza crust. The picture is making my mouth water thinking about it.

My afternoon snack was a few salted almonds and some raisins, a great sweet/salty snack.

I had a broccoli cheese stuffed baked potato for dinner and a big salad on the side. I had an early dinner.

I had iceberg, green pepper, tomato, & cucumber with light ranch and black pepper. I used a little butter in my potato, then added some steamed frozen broccoli, and a slice of white American cheese. I baked my potato in the oven. I just don't care for a microwaved potatoes. It never cooks evenly and you don't get that crispy skin on the outside, which is really the best part.

I just noticed yesterday that Lucas also eats the potato skin. DH does not. He is not the most healthy eater and unfortunately for him there's no changing him apparently. He has always been a meat & potato man, mostly meat.

Since dinner was early, I needed an evening snack, so I had half an apple with a few peanut butter crackers. I've really been craving the sweet and salty stuff.

Well, that's it for this week. I'd love to hear your favorite way to eat MSF chick'n strips or maybe some more ideas for flat bread pizza? Stay tuned for Tuesday's update. Have a great weekend!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment