This is a recipe I threw together because I couldn't find one exactly like I wanted. It is made with cream cheese, no layers to make. All the ingredients are blended together for a smooth, rich, creamy, chocolate pie that's quick & easy to make.
Forgive the photo. My pie crust was sort of a flop, but aside from the look of it, the pie was a winner.
2 small pkgs. of instant chocolate pudding mix
1 - 8oz. pkg. of lite cream cheese
2 Cups + 1 Tbsp 2% milk
1 Tbsp sugar
1 Cup of thawed Whip Topping (Cool Whip, etc.)
1 pie crust of your choosing ( I used a refrigerated pie crust, which I baked before adding the pudding mixture.)
- Put cream cheese into a small bowl and microwave at 10 second intervals until it can be stirred. Approximately 20-30 secs. total.
- Blend cream cheese with 1 Tbsp of milk + 1 Tbsp sugar and set aside.
- Blend pudding mix with 2 cups of milk in a large mixing bowl until it starts to thicken.
- Add cream cheese mixture to pudding mixture and blend thoroughly. It will be thick.
- Fold in 1 cup of whipped topping until thoroughly combined.
- Fill pie crust with pudding mixture and refrigerate until chilled.