Google Search Results

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Food Recap Collages

It's been a while since my last real post, unless you count the chocolate pie recipe post. I did a few collages of the food I've enjoyed this past week which included a couple of food splurges. I sort of played around making the collages trying to see what looks the best so please excuse me, if they aren't so great.

I've enjoyed lots of salads and sandwiches lately. We went to Casa Grande for dinner one night. I got the taco salad, which isn't really one of their vegetarian options, but I was hoping for something lighter. I always ask them to replace the meat with refried beans & rice. I also ask them to hold the guacamole, but they didn't get that part right unfortunately. I don't hate it, so I just took what I could off. For me their taco salad is hit or miss. This time it was a miss, but not so bad, just not as light as I'd hoped. It was mostly beans, cheese, & rice and very little salad.

I also did my own slightly lighter version of a taco salad at home. My salads lately have included, fresh mushrooms, iceberg, spinach, carrots, tomato, green pepper, cucumber, and onion. My taco salad was topped with a few crushed Doritos, nacho cheese sauce, light sour cream, and taco sauce.

Another salad I enjoyed with vegetable egg rolls, was a broccoli salad mix with Makoto Ginger Dressing. I could drink the dressing it is so good. It's also great on rice, but it's a little more expensive than my regular salad dressing, so it's a splurge for me.

Here are some of the sandwiches I've had, two on slices of everything bread and one on an onion roll. They all included veggie burgers and spinach. I think the one with mushroom and white cheddar was the best.

Another splurge was for a jar of JIF Mocha Cappuccino Hazelnut Spread. This is the stuff. It's really not much more expensive than a jar of regular JIF peanut butter, but these days, buying name brand anything is expensive. I do love that it comes in a glass jar. I like collecting wide mouth food jars for food storage. The peanut butter and salsa jars make great storage for trail mix, dried fruits, nuts, etc. and look great on open shelves, which I hope to have some day.

Well, this was my week in food. I hope you see something you like. Today I plan to catch up on cleaning and take advantage of our slightly cooler temperature for the day, although I'm not looking forward to the heatwave predicted to follow. Have a great week and if it's hot where you are, stay cool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment