Google Search Results

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Too Much For One

I really hate not getting to post everyday. I would sort of like a break now and then, but it seems that the days I'm forced to take a break from blogging, are the ones worth blogging about. So far I've miss posting a GDO, a couple of reviews, and Sunday dinner, which is sort of impossible for me to fit into one post. The details are also muddled after a day or so. I suppose it's short term memory loss. I'm going to try and get some of what you've missed into this one.

The next few pictures are from our GDO. We had MIB iced coffee, went to Goodwill & Habitat's REstore, and ate at the Sage Brush Restaurant. This was not fast food. They brought us cheese biscuits, while we waited on our meal. These were pretty good.
 
I got the vegetable plate, which isn't on the menu. They offer a child's vegetable plate, but I had to ask about an adult plate. It comes with 4 vegetables. I got a baked potato, broccoli, an ear of corn, and a Caesar side salad. Everything was great except for the ear of corn, which was over cooked. It was tough and sticky. The baked potato was the best part. I loved the crispy skin. I was only able to eat half the potato and didn't eat the corn.

The Caesar side salad was pretty good too. Loved the big croutons and the shredded Parmesan.

The next day, I did a leftover makeover on the baked potato for lunch. I scraped out the inside and mixed it with a little light ranch & a dab of spicy ranch. I was emptying my salad dressing bottles. I sprinkled it with a little parsley and garlic, stirred it up and put it back in the potato skin. I topped it with shredded cheese and popped it in the toaster oven for several minutes on about 300-325 degrees. I nearly overdid it, but it turned out great. I had a leftover cheese biscuit and salad with Italian dressing. The crispy skin was just as good as the first day.

I know this is a little behind, old news for some, but I think it was worth posting. I'm going to try doing the reviews I've missed as well, maybe later or perhaps another day. I'll be reviewing, LightLife's Veggie Burger with a bonus JD's Baconnaise review (yes, it's vegetarian). I'll also try and get our Sunday dinner posted and another review for LightLife's Smart Ground. Be sure to subscribe or follow me on Twitter, so that you don't miss out. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment