Google Search Results

Friday, June 01, 2012

PictSweet Tuscan Vegetable Medley Review

I didn't sleep very well last night, so I pushed the snooze button over and over for an hour this morning. I finally got up and after two cups of coffee, I'm feeling a little more alive.

Yesterday was better. I'd had a little more sleep. I went to bed about 10:30pm and slept until 7:30am. It was broken sleep, but better than last night's. Strangely yesterday coffee didn't seem to do as much for me as it has today. I also had the second half of a French toast bagel with peanut butter and some of the Men's Omega3 Energy mix on top.

I went Italian for lunch, having potato wedges with olive oil, Parmesan, & garlic and long thin frozen green beans cooked with fat free Italian dressing in the microwave. The beans by the way, were very good and were a perfect accompaniment with the potatoes.

These long skinny green beans are my favorite kind. I like them a little undercooked with some bite left in them. I often call them squeaky beans, because they sort of squeak between your teeth when you bite them.

I polished off the last of the vanilla ice cream for my afternoon snack, after having run my reel mower across the back yard a few time. In that heat, I felt I deserved something cold, sweet, and fattening.

I tried one of PictSweet's Deluxe Sides for dinner last night; their Tuscan Vegetable Medley, a blend of broccoli carrots, and sweet peppers in a garlic herb seasoned sauce.

I had them with a hash brown patty, and cheese toast, which wasn't a bad combination. The sauce on the veggies was very light and had sort of a peppery taste. It was very good, but I would have liked a little more of it.

It was still a good choice and I would definitely get them again. There was just the right amount for one meal, no leftovers. I really liked how colorful it is. Colorful food is so good for you. I'm giving these veggies 4 stars. 

This photo, I posted just for fun. It is one of those accidental shots you get sometimes or at least I do. I didn't even realize I'd taken it until I uploaded my photos. Although you can't really tell, this is a shot of Lucas in my kitchen as we were putting dinner together. I was taking a shot of my dinner plate as we were talking. I apparently turned as I was taking a picture. It's probably better that this photo was blurred, since I'm in dire need of a kitchen makeover.

I'm hoping to set up a temporary kitchen at some point and at least give mine a facelift with some paint. Well, that's all for now. Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment