Google Search Results

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Broccoli Salad

I was wide awake this morning at 6am. I was not ready to get up. After lying there for an hour, I finally realized, I wasn't going back to sleep. I gave in and got up. I decide to have me some more of the fruit salad over another pumpkin waffle (the last one). If you haven't seen the picture, you can find it here. After breakfast, I was thinking about different things I could fix for breafast, which got me searching the internet for ideas. I found some ideas, but not just for breakfast.

One of the ideas I found was for baked oatmeal. You know, I just can't do regular oatmeal. There is just something about the texture and the look of it. I know I would probably like it, because I like oatmeal cookies and lots of other oatmeal things, but none of them are mushy. I am not sure about the baked oatmeal, because I am not sure what kind of texture it is. It looks kind of like a bar cookie maybe softer, but that is what worries me. If it is similar to a brownie in softness, I may be able to do that. I do however see baked oatmeal in my future, whether or not I like it is another story.

Another recipe I found, which was not breakfast or at least not one of the usual ones, was for a broccoli salad. I had been trying to think of something to do with some fresh broccoli  I have, to use it up before it spoils, so I decided I would try it for lunch. I was just fixing enough for me, so I didn't follow the recipe exactly, but I reduce the amounts and left out the bacon. The recipe can be found at  A Feast for the Eyes, if you are interested. It was yummy. It is blanched broccoli with red onion, sliced almonds, and dried cranberries with a mayo based dressing. The cranberries where my favorite part. I had it over a bed of spinach leaves. The spinach went very well with everything. It is something I will eat again.








A third recipe I found was for crockpot baked potatoes. I knew you could fix them this way, but I had never tried it. That recipe can be found at Finding Joy in My Kitchen. I threw the baked potatoes in the crockpot or rather my DS did. One  reason I like this method is because, I am bad about waiting until I am starving to start fixing dinner and by then, I am wanting something quick, so if I think about a baked potato for lunch, but I'm not willing to wait, I can go ahead and put a few in the crockpot and I've already started on dinner.

To go with my baked potato, I used some of the leftover taco veggie crumbles to make a little slider. I have these cute little wheat buns by Pepperidge Farm to make sliders. It looks little, but it was plenty with the baked potato. I had some of the Chipotle Mayo dressing on my slider. It was yummy, but a little  warmer the second day, still good though.






I also found some coupons, if your interested. I haven't found any good free samples yet.
Update: 1 free sample Vaseline Intensive Rescue




coupon for $3 off Clorox Green Works Detergent offer ends 10/31/10

Free Chili's Queso and Chips (Join Email Club / Newletter)

No comments:

Post a Comment