Google Search Results

Monday, January 02, 2012

Cookies And Candy For Breakfast

This morning I had a good breakfast, none of that poptart crap. I fixed two 3 minute oatmeal cookies. I used a chopped dark chocolate fruit & nut caramel from my Christmas candy (instead of chocolate chunks or chips), walnuts, & dried cranberries in these. I had one and Lucas ate the other one. I hate caramels that stick in my teeth, so this was a good use for them.


I also had a cup of applesauce with added cinnamon along with my cookie.

My coffee was still brewing when my breakfast was ready, so I had a few bites before pouring myself a ginormous cup, half caf. as usual.

I was late getting started on this mornings post, but still managed to get it published on time, actually a little early, maybe it was the coffee. I started undressing the Christmas trees today, but I still have a few decorations to put away. I was hoping to get the trees down. I also cleaned my bathroom. I would love to remodel it, not to mention the kitchen.

After cleaning & dreaming of decorating, I finally got around to fixing lunch. It was a quick fix, with leftovers from New Years Day. I had corn on the cob, a couple of cabbage rolls, and a piece of cornbread.

I still haven't found the dime Mom hid in my cabbage rolls. I'm hoping I would have realized it before swallowing had I eaten it.

I had to wait a while before having a snack. I was a bit too full after lunch. I had my piece of snowball cake (angel food cake, cool whip, pineapple, jello, coconut & cherries) and then Lucas and I made a dog food run.

It was extremely cool out. The wind was cutting right through me. The temperature has dropped about 10 degrees, just since we got back and the wind hasn't let up. I am so glad to be inside where it's warm. 

For dinner I'd thought about having something hot, but I decided to go with pea salad and fresh veggies with Garlic Caesar dressing.

I used butter lettuce, cucumber, red & yellow bell pepper, cauliflower, & carrot. I sprinkled on a little fresh cracked black pepper.

My after dinner snack was a couple of pieces of peanut brittle and a handful of dry roasted peanuts. I think I like posting at night better, if I could just get it done early and get to bed. Morning are so much more relaxed with no blogging to do. For now I'll just do what I can when I can. Maybe I can get a routine established in 2012. Fingers crossed. I guess that's it for now. I found my place in my book, so I think I'll read a bit before bed. Have a great night/day!!!


2 comments:

  1. Nana found the dime in the pot when she washed it. You can quit looking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great, I wasn't too worried.....yet.

    ReplyDelete