Google Search Results

Tuesday, January 03, 2012

A Great Use For Chocolate Covered Caramels

It was a busy morning, things got off on a rocky start. I didn't get breakfast before the girls arrived. I did get coffee started, a blessing. It was just as well, that I didn't get breakfast. I wasn't feeling much into breakfast this morning anyway.  I just had a couple of cups of half caf. with non dairy creamer and raw sugar.


I did have half a gala apple later as more of a brunch meal. 

I made soup for my actual lunch. It wasn't a quick fix, but I still wasn't feeling too food enthused. I used a can of diced tomatoes to make tomato soup. I used one can of tomatoes, one can of water, one or two teaspoons of cornstarch, and a little salt, onion powder, and basil. I let it all simmer for a while, until it was reduced by about half, then I blended it up with my hand blender and strained it through a wire sieve to remove seeds, etc.

One can for one bowl. I still wasn't feeling so great, so I just ate the soup by itself and passed on any crackers, etc. The soup turned out very well. It wasn't necessarily a quick meal, but it was pretty easy and just what I was in the mood for.

Later in the afternoon, I was getting a bit more of an appetite, but still not feeling great. I decided to have my slice of cheesecake. I didn't have any fruity topping, so I made a dark chocolate raspberry caramel sauce.

It was one of the simplest sauces ever. I used 1 dark chocolate caramel & 1 dark chocolate raspberry caramel from my Russel Stover Christmas candies. I added a dab of milk and microwaved it, stirring every 10-15 seconds until everything was melted and blended together. I let it cool a bit to thicken and drizzled it over my cheesecake. It was really yummy! I will have to remember this little trick. This was even better than putting them in my 3 minute oatmeal cookies.

For dinner, I went with something quick and simple, just some whole wheat spaghetti noodles with a jar of spaghetti sauce.

I wasn't crazy about the sauce. It was a sort of sweet sauce. I added a little salt, Parmesan and red pepper flakes. It was better, but I'm buying a different sauce next time. I normally get Aldi's Traditional Sauce, but I think they switched the brand, recipe, or something, anyway it's not the same anymore. It used to be very similar to Ragu's Traditional Sauce, but not anymore apparently.

I'm hoping I feel better tomorrow. I decided to post tonight and sleep in tomorrow. I think I'll do some reading and then I'm off to bed. I sure could use some subscribers. You can also follow me on twitter. It you do follow me on twitter and you don't see a post in the mornings please check out the blog for an early post. Thanks. Have a great night/day!!!

2 comments:

  1. That sauce for the cheese cake was brilliant. I would've never thought to do that. I'll talk to you later. Love ya lots.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I don't know if I'll call it brilliant, but it was good.

    ReplyDelete