Google Search Results

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Great Value Classic Alfredo Sauce Review

I slept in this morning. It was nice. I didn't even set my alarm. I think is was about 9 or 9:30 when I got up. I didn't really look at the clock, not with glasses anyway. I made two 3 minute oatmeal cookies for breakfast. One for today and one for later.

These have the last piece of dark chocolate from my Christmas candy in them. It was a chocolate covered caramel with nuts. I also used dried cranberries, chopped dates and walnuts. This was a great use for those chewy caramels that I normally don't eat. 

I didn't have the girls until around lunch time. I fixed them a bite to eat, but I didn't actually have my lunch until later. I had a Gardein Chick'n Scallopini on a Kaiser roll with spinach, red onion, green pepper, cucumber, spicy ranch dressing and black pepper.

When I got my sandwich fixed Lexi ask if she could try a bite of it. I wasn't sure if she'd like it, but since she was willing to try it, I let her have a bite. I was surprised when she asked if she could have one of her own.

So I fixed her one too. We left off the onion, added pickle slices and switched the spicy ranch out with regular ranch dressing. I still can't believe she ate the whole thing. It was a pretty big sandwich.

While Mary took a nap, Lexi and I did crafts again. We made sort of a garden scene.

We made snails out of pipe cleaners and flower leaves with tissue paper.

We glued on a puffy flower and butterflies which were off of broken kids jewely. Neither of us were up to boxing on the Wii, but she did play baseball and bowling after doing our crafts.

My camera battery died just after taking a picture of Lexi's sandwich and so I had to take a picture of her art with the old camera. I misplaced my camera cord temporarily, so I also had to take a photo of my afternoon snack with the old camera as well. I had and orange cut up with vanilla yogurt and Kellogg's Fiber Plus Berry Yogurt Crunch cereal in a glass, parfait style. It was a bit too much for the glass. It was very good. This would have also been great for breakfast, but it was my last orange, so I'll have do that when I get some more oranges.

For dinner I tried Great Value Classic Alfredo sauce.
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1/4 cup (61g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 90
Calories 110

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 10g     15%
      Saturated Fat 3.5g     18%
      Polyunsaturated Fat 3.5g    
      Monounsaturated Fat 2.5g    
      Trans Fat 0g    
Cholesterol 30mg     10%
Sodium 350mg     15%
Potassium 30mg    
Total Carbohydrate 2g     1%
      Dietary Fiber 0g     0%
      Sugars 0g    
      Other Carbohydrate 0g    
Protein 1g    

Vitamin A 4%         Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 4%         Iron 0%
*    Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

I had it over fettucini noodles and steamed broccoli, sprinkled with some black pepper (and a little Parmesan last minute, not in the pictures).

I made sure to used plenty of broccoli. I enjoyed every bite. I couldn't have cared less, how much it cost or what brand it was. It was good.

I'm giving it 4 stars. I'd gladly buy this again.
BTW, it took me a bit to find my camera cord, but I finally found it in time to get the camera charged and take the photos of dinner. It was right were I'd left it, but I didn't know what I was looking for, lol. For some reason, I thought the cord was for something else and that the cord for the camera had a different type of plug on the end. I've got to get a label maker, so that I can label my cords and cables. With multiple electronic devices and multiple cords and cables, it's very easy to get them mixed up. It would be so much easier and quicker for those of us without a brain, if they were labelled. Well, it's late, as usual and I'm off to get some shut eye. Have a great night/day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment