Google Search Results

Saturday, January 21, 2012

One More Way To Eat Fettucini

I still haven't gotten it into my head that if I'm going to blog at night I need to start earlier. Luckily this morning was free for blogging, but lately some mornings aren't, so I will have to work on that. I don't like blogging when I'm tired. I just don't think it turns out as well. I'm rushed and I forget things.

I had to do a post yesterday morning also, since the night before was pretty much the same as last night, a late start and too tired to finish up. I had my breakfast while I blogged. I had a banana nut smoothie instead of my usual banana pudding smoothie. Banana in a smoothie is the best, but it's also the cheapest way to go.

I had a late lunch so I indulged in a couple of pieces of chocolate before lunch. It was Lindt's Chili Dark Chocolate. To me, dark chocolate is so much better than milk chocolate.

Lunch took a bit longer to fix since I wasn't doing the usual reheating of leftovers. I'd really enjoyed the fettucini I've had lately so I decided to try another version. I had to cook more noodles since I'd already eaten the others I made. I had leftover spaghetti sauce to use which inspired this dish. I could have had the Pre-Chicken Parmesan again, which was very good, but I decided to try something different. I cooked onion and green pepper added a can of great northern beans which I'd drained. I seasoned it with oregano, garlic and a little salt. I added a few ladles of the spaghetti sauce and loosened it up with a ladle or two of water from the noodles.

I topped the noodles with the mixture, sprinkled on some Parmesan cheese and it was delicious. As good or better than the pre-chicken parmesan.

Later I had a snack of graham crackers spread with peanut butter and a cup of unsweetened applesauce.

Since lunch was late and I'd had a snack, I went with a lighter dinner, a salad of iceberg, spinach, broccoli, carrot, onion, pepper, cucumber, walnuts and light ranch dressing with a few saltine crackers on the side.

I added some black pepper. I love the taste of it with the ranch and the walnuts. I could have had some other crackers, like Ritz, Townhouse or wheat crackers, but I also like the taste of ranch and saltines.

After dinner I sat on the couch to relax and fell asleep, which explains the late start. It was a short uncomfortable nap, so I figured I should get my pictures done and get to bed. Now I need to get ready to go to Mom's today. We will be celebrating her birthday today. Happy Birthday Mom!!! Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment