Google Search Results

Monday, January 16, 2012

Stayin' Up Too Late Lately

I was sleeping so good this morning until someone rudely came and woke me up to ask me an unnecessary question about 30 minutes before my alarm went off. I was not a happy camper, to say the least. I was in a deep dreaming sound sleep. I almost never sleep like that. I really hate when someone wakes me up when I'm sleeping that way. It's that rare time when I'm not aware that I'm in the world and I don't want it taken away from me. 

There was no going back to sleep though, so I got up. I had half an everything bagel with cream cheese again, while my coffee brewed.

I really needed coffee. DH had a little regular already made, so I just added some decaf to it.

I had the last of my coffee with one of Lucas' turtle cookies mid morning. It wasn't too bad, even though the cookie was cold. The hot coffee with just a little sugar made it perfect. The caramel spots were just a little chewy.

I didn't get a lot done today. The shelf  I needed out of the way, hung around longer than I had hoped, but luckily it is now gone. I'll have to see if I can finish up my rearrangement project tomorrow.  It won't be easy. I'll have to move my wardrobe from one end of the house to the other and there are obstacles between here and there.

I wasn't sure what to have for lunch, but then I remembered that Lucas and DH had had baked potatoes for dinner the day before. I'd had Lucas throw in an extra potato for me to have later. I cut it up and cooked it in the microwave with some fresh broccoli pieces.

I topped it with little chunks of velveeta cheese, a dab of butter, a pinch of salt and some cracked peper.

It turned out very good, but not nearly enough broccoli. I should have made more, but then I probably couldn't have eaten it all. A potato baked is probably one of my favorite ways to eat a potato. I love the skin.

My afternoon snack was a gala apple cut into quarters and eaten with 4 graham crackers spread with peanut butter, a very tasty snack.

I wasn't really in the mood for a heavy meal for dinner, so I fixed a salad.

I picked up some carrots today. I got organic since carrots are cheap and either way there's not much difference in the price. If I could afford to, I'd probably buy all organic.

My salad was made up of iceberg lettuce, spinach, cucumber, carrot, broccoli, bell pepper, onion, chopped walnuts, chow mein noodles, and light Asian toasted sesame dressing. I also added cracked black pepper and red pepper flakes to spice it up. It was really good. Mushrooms would have been nice in this one as well.

I have spent too much time this evening watching tv and surfin' the net.  Here I am up late again. I will just have to try and do better tomorrow. If I hurry I am a little earlier that usually. Just a little. Have a great night/day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment