Google Search Results

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Toll House Ultimates Cookie Dough Turtle Cookies Review

This morning while having my breakfast, I was trying to get my eyes open so that I could finish my post. I stayed up to late. I'm hoping to get to bed a little earlier tonight. 

For breakfast this morning, I had the other half of my everything bagel with cream cheese and a cup of fully caffeinated coffee. I just had one cup and of course, I haven't been the least bit sleepy today.

Lucas made cookies this morning and you know, I had to try one. They were Nestle Toll House Ultimates Turtle Cookies made from their refrigerated cookie dough, his favorite way to make cookies. 

Nutritional Information

    Serving Size 1
    Calories 160
    Calories from Fat 70

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.
% Daily Value *

    Total Fat 7g 11%
    Saturated Fat 4g 20%
    Cholesterol 5mg 2%
    Sodium 120mg 5%
    Carbohydrates 23g 8%
    Dietary Fiber 1g 8%
    Sugars 11g
    Protein 1g

    Vitamin A 2%
    Vitamin C 0%
    Calcium 0%
    Iron 2%

He did a pretty good job baking them. They were done just right, not too crisp and not too underdone. They were baked on an insulated cookie sheet. Gotta love those. Still warm and soft, I had one with the last half of my cup of coffee which was less than warm. I've learned to slow down drinking it when I start feeling the caffeine, which is usually after about half a tall cup. These cookies have chocolate chips, caramel chunks and pecans. These are pretty good, but one is all I needed. They are rich and go great with black coffee or maybe milk, something not sweet. I've never been a milk and cookies girl. While these are not my favorite cookie, they are really good and I am giving them 4 stars. I like that the caramel and chocolate do not over power the cookie. In other words, you can tell you are eating a cookie and not a piece of chocolate covered caramel with nuts.

I had a green salad for lunch. No colorful accents for this one. I'll have to get some carrots or radishes or maybe some red bell pepper or tomato. It's just not as nice to look at without a pop of color, huh? It was a good salad though. I did a lot of cleaning and rearranging today, so I wasn't really in the mood to make anything too elaborate, but this hit the spot.

I used iceberg, spinach, cucumber, broccoli, green pepper, and broken up slices of Havarti cheese with spicy ranch dressing and some cracked black pepper (a last minute addition). It was really good. I felt like eating another bowl, but I was full, so I didn't.

After we'd nearly finish the rearranging I had one of Lucas pecan delights (more chocolate, caramel, and pecans).

I had to wait for Lucas to unhook all my electronic things on the entertainment center, then we moved everything and I cleaned and dusted and mopped and he put everything back together, but in a different spot. We finally got finished with that project. I still have my wardrobe to move, which I'll be using for a living room closet, for coats & hats, etc. I have a shelf that has to leave first. I am trying to downsize some of my furniture and make better use of the rest of it. I also have a rocking chair that will be leaving one way or the other. 

After all that rearranging, dinner was not elaborate either. It was pretty good though. I make a grilled cheese sandwich using white American cheese slices & spinach. I had Texas Pete chips on the side with sour cream for dipping which I sprinkled with a little paprika just to make it pretty.

The sandwich was cheesy and gooey and the spinach helped give it a little texture. It went perfect with the spicy chips and cool sour cream.

My evening snack which I probably should have skipped was a vanilla yogurt parfait with a little life cereal squares, some dried cranberries and a few chopped walnuts. I had this while I watched a movie.

I watched The Six Wives of Henry Lefay. It was not a bad movie. The beginning was much better than the end. Not that it had a bad ending, but it did make an unexpected turn. It wasn't exactly what I was in the mood for, but I did like it. I am giving it 3 stars. 

That's all for now. Have a great night/day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment