Google Search Results

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Monday Makeover

Little people and crafts before breakfast(mine that is). Lexi and Mary had cheese toast, tangarines, and cheese grits for breakfast. I had 2 small children who kept me very busy. My breakfast took the back burner. 

We did sticker crafts, something both girls could do. They stuck glittered foam butterflies, dragon flies and flowers all over their papers. Mary was also coloring hers. When ever she sees the camera, she poses and says "cheese".

This is Mary's page, which Lexi wrote Mary's name on.

This is Lexi's page.

After our craft session, Mary took a nap, Lexi had strawberry yogurt w/ peppermint marshmallows, and I had breakfast. My breakfast was a cup of half caf. coffee, a piece of cinnamon toast and a cup of applesauce. Lexi did more crafts after we ate and while Mary slept. She glued everything that could possibly be glued.

For lunch I did a makeover on the "Meatless Loaf". I made sort of a vegetarian shepards pie by chopping red onion, green pepper, oyster mushrooms, and walnuts. I added a little oil and cooked them in the microwave. I chopped up the meatless loaf and mixed it with the walnuts and veggies. I added a little salt and a little Italian seasoning. I spread the mixture into the bottom of a small casserole dish. I topped it with a heated mixture of leftover mashed potatoes, light ranch dressing, sliced American cheese and margarine, then I baked it in the toaster oven for several minutes.

It turned out pretty good.

I had it with some fresh veggies. I ate about 3/4 of it. I was too full to eat the rest, but saved it. I still have plenty of meatless loaf leftovers. I wasn't sure I could pull off this makeover, but I was very pleased with it. The veggies gave it a totally different flavor and the walnuts added texture. The cheesy mashed potatoes went perfect with it. I didn't even need dip for the veggies.
The girls had chicken nuggets for lunch. Mary is a muncher. She had a chicken nugget, a cracker, a baby carrot & a couple of pieces of broccoli. Lexi had more yogurt. I also loaded them up with a little chocolate before sending them home. 

 I had a short nap after the girls left. I had another cup of coffee when I got up, which surprisingly did nothing for me, along with a piece of apple cake. I didn't sleep well last night and I will probably regret the coffee tonight.

I had the last of the Holy Haluski for dinner.
It was a pretty good day, a little chaotic at first, but all in all it went quite smoothly, just at a much faster pace than I'm use to. No melt downs, no break downs, & no hissy fits. Now I'm off to bed, if I can sleep. Have a great night/day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment