Google Search Results

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Birdseye Lightly Sauced Mushroom & Green Bean Risotto Review

I could have kept right on sleeping this morning if my alarm hadn't went off, if the phone hadn't rang, and if the dogs hadn't been ready to go out & then have their breakfast. It's hard to make big changes in routine, when everything around you doesn't make the change as well.

Yesterday was pretty much the same, except I'd had a little less sleep and I'd gotten my blogging done the night before. I got a late start on my post last night because we made a late run to the store and because we found a lost dog in our front yard. Luckily it had a collar with a name & phone number to call.

For breakfast yesterday, I had an everything bagel from Panera's. Grocery store bagels just don't compare to real bagels. It's been a little while since I'd had one. I use to buy the ones from the grocery store, but they just aren't quite the same. There's nothing like a good everything bagel spread with light cream cheese.

I also had an orange. I've been craving oranges lately.

I had a nice strong cup of Lipton orange, passion fruit, & jasmine green tea with honey.

I had leftover mac & cheese that I'd fixed for the girls with some steamed broccoli.

I sprinkled it all with a little Worcestershire sauce. Boxed mac & cheese just isn't quite as good this way, but I love eating homemade mac & cheese like this.

I had a piece of cheese cake from the freezer topped with a dark chocolate caramel sauce made from a couple of pieces of my Christmas candy and a little milk.

For dinner I had Birdseye's Steamfresh Lightly Sauced Mushroom & Green Bean Risotto.

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1/2 package (142g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 25
Calories 170
 % Daily Values*
Total Fat 2.5g     4%
      Saturated Fat 1.5g     8%
      Trans Fat 0g    
Cholesterol 10mg     3%
Sodium 430mg     18%
Total Carbohydrate 33g     11%
      Dietary Fiber 1g     4%
      Sugars 2g    
Protein 5g    

Vitamin A 2%         Vitamin C 4%
Calcium 6%         Iron 0%
*    Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.

I had extra frozen green beans & a Gardein Chick'n Scallopini patty with the risotto. I don't think I've ever eaten risotto, but this was pretty much like rice with cream of mushroom soup, a few mushroom slices and a couple of green beans, which I assumed would be good.

I wasn't impressed. I'm not sure if it is because it is risotto or because the mushroom sauce isn't that great, but I don't think I will buy this again. It had a taste that I didn't particularly care for. I ate it, I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it. It had sort of a powdery or floury taste or something. I'm not sure exactly, but it wasn't working for me. I gave the risotto only 2 stars. The green beans and the scallopini were great though.


I had a blood orange Chobani yogurt for dessert. I'll have to make another trip to Bi Lo for more of these.
I guess now I will get this posted and get on with my day. I still haven't quite finished my rearranging, so I will see if I can get that finished up. Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment