Google Search Results

Monday, January 02, 2012

New Years Day Dinner

Oh, I am so behind this morning. I stayed up too late, got up too late and took too long fixing breakfast, before getting started, so here I sit blogging between bites.

Yesterday I had plenty of time to fix breakfast, but chose not to. I am so unorganized, but I am continuously trying to improve that. For breakfast yesterday, I had a cinnamon poptart with coffee. I wasn't impressed and wished I'd chosen something else. Today's breakfast is much better.

Later we got ready and went to Mom's for New Years Day dinner. There was lots of food, unfortunately, I can only eat so much. Here's the line up:

Vegetarian Cabbage Rolls

Cabbage Rolls w/ Meat. (a few porcupine balls on top)

Fried Chicken Breast

Cocktail Weenies or Weiners in Sauce

Small Baked Potatoes which were a big hit, I think. They went fast except for a few. There were also some Bob Evans mashed potatoes, which I missed.

Pea Salad

Corn on the Cob

Lots of Chips for Dipping

Dip of course, a layered Mexican style. This was one of the things I had to pass on to make room for some of the other things.

This was one of the things I had to have. A beautiful platter of fresh veggies.

Butter Lettuce for Salad

...and a big Pan of Cornbread.

On my plate I had a big ear of corn, pea salad, a vegetarian cabbage roll, fresh veggies, cornbread and black eyed peas, which I apparently didn't get a shot of otherwise. This was the first time I've eaten them. These didn't taste like dirt, which I been told that it's what black-eyed peas taste like. They are a little different from most beans, but not bad. Mom has a method for improving the taste. She gets rid of the juice from the can and adds seasoned water or vegetable broth and onions.

Next came coffee & dessert. I didn't get a shot of the Snowball Cake, except the one in the background of my coffee photo with the lid on.

We also had Cheesecake with cherry pie filling to go on top, which is what I had with my coffee. By the time we left, I was definitely feeling a little overstuffed, possibly more than a little.
I decided to pass on anymore food for the day. I went home vegged out on the couch with my laptop and The Good Wife. I stayed up too late playing games on my kindle. I got the game Every Word for it and I really like it. I also went ahead and got The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet Nest in the kindle version, so that I could enlarge the print a little, since my eyes have been dry and blurry lately. I'm still not sure if I've found the spot I left off on in the book. The kindle has Location # vs. Page #, which is not the same, but I plan to compare today. I didn't really take time yesterday. I guess that's it for today. Happy New Year!! Have a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment