Google Search Results

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Amy's Chunky Tomato Bisque Review

Sleeping in has become the norm lately, but it cannot stay that way. I like getting up early, some days I have to, and staying up late every night will not work for me. This morning (late morning) when I got up, I put some eyedrops in and made coffee. I made it mostly decaf since it was late. I had applesauce and the other half of my pumpkin muffin to go with my coffee.

 I guess you'd call it brunch, closer to lunch than breakfast. It was good. I really like having some sort of fruit for breakfast and coffee went well with the muffin.

Since breakfast was late, obviously I had a late lunch as well. I tried Amy's Chunky Tomato Bisque Soup.
Nutritional Facts
Serving Size: 1 cup
Servings Per Container: ~ 2
Serving Weight: 1 cup

Calories: 130     Calories from Fat: 30
Total Fat: 3.5g
      Saturated Fat: 2g
      Trans Fat: 0g    
Cholesterol: 10mg
Sodium: 680mg
Carbohydrates: 21g
      Fiber: 3g
      Sugars: 14g
Protein: 3g
Organic: 99%
Vitamin A: 20% • Vitamin C: 40%
Calcium: 8% • Iron: 6%

The soup was good, but it doesn't have anything on Panera's creamy tomato soup. Amy's tomato bisque is somewhat sweeter than Panera's. It wasn't bad, but I prefer a less sweet version. Amy's is thick and chunky, which I liked, but I added a pinch or two of salt, so that is didn't seem as sweet. I liked the soup, but I would probably choose a different brand if given a choice, so I'm just giving it 3 stars.
I also had fresh broccoli, carrots, cucumber, snow peas, bell pepper and grape tomatoes, with garlic Caesar dressing on the side and a piece of crusty Parmesan garlic toast.

This was the biggest meal of the day, but it was made up of things that aren't terribly filling or at least not the kind of things that take forever to digest. I didn't want to eat anything that would be too filling, so that I wouldn't have to eat a late dinner as well.

I managed to pick the right thing, I guess. I had to have a few Cheetos while waiting for dinner to cook. 

I just made 2 vegetable eggrolls for dinner. I made a mixture of duck sauce and soy sauce to dip them in. I actually added an extra packet of duck sauce. These are Tai Pei brand with whole grain wrappers. I love the wrappers. They are very crispy.

I had a few peppermint mini marshmallows while I was doing the blog. The peppermint flavor is very subtle. You have to put several in your mouth at once to really taste it. I haven't tried them in cocoa yet.

That is it for food today. The longer I'm up the more I want to munch. So I'm off to bed. Fingers crossed that I can get my crazy schedule worked out. Have a great night/day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment