Google Search Results

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Tofurky Hickory Smoked Deli Slices Review

I slept in this morning. Breakfast was a welcomed cup of coffee and half an everything bagel with light cream cheese. I stayed up late finishing yesterday's post and reading. I didn't sleep too well, so I was ready for that big cup of coffee. 


I worked around the house today, washing clothes, cleaning my ceiling fan which needed it badly, and several other things I have been putting off or not had time to do. I didn't do nearly as much as I should have done.

I tried out the Hickory Smoked Tofurky Deli Slices today.
Nutrition Facts

Serving Size 5 slices (52g)
Servings Per Package: about 3
Calories 100, Calories from Fat 25
%Daily Value
Total Fat 3g     5%
  Saturated Fat 0g     0%
  Trans Fat 0g    
Cholesterol 0mg     0%
Sodium 300mg     13%
Total Carbohydrate 6g     2%
  Dietary Fiber 3g     12%
Sugars 1g    
Protein 13g    
Vitamin A     0%
Calcium     2%
Vitamin C     0%
Iron     6%
     
   
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Calories                                        2,000                                       2,500
Total Fat    
less than                                       65mg                                      80mg
Saturated Fat    
less than                                       20mg                                      25mg
Cholesterol    
less than                                      300mg                                  300mg
Sodium    
less than                                    2400mg                                2400mg
Total Carbohydrate                  300mg                                   375mg
Dietary Fiber                                25g                                        30g
     
  Ingredients: Water, vital wheat gluten, organic tofu (water, organic soybeans, magnesium chloride, calcium chloride), non-genetically engineered expeller pressed canola oil, natural vegetarian flavors, shoyu soy sauce (water, non-genetically engineered soybeans, wheat, salt, culture), non-genetically engineered corn starch, white bean flour, garbanzo bean flour, lemon juice from concentrate, garlic, onion, celery, calcium lactate from beets.
Contains: Soy and wheat

I had a huge sandwich made with the hickory smoked slices, white cheddar cheese, spinach, red bell pepper, cucumber slices, a few sliced grape tomatoes, black pepper and mayo on toasted white bread. While I really liked the tofurky, I didn't see a big difference between it and the oven roasted flavor. It has a bit of a smoky flavor, but it's still very similar to the oven roasted. The Peppered flavor would probably be my first choice, but I would eat any of them. The serving size is 5 slices. I usually eat one alone, while I make the sandwich and have the other 4 on bread with all the fixin's. This one get 5 stars just like the others I've had so far.

I also had the last of my soup with rotini, northern beans and spinach. I haven't really figured out what to call it, other than good.

This was a big meal, but I manage all but a couple of bites. It was hard to stop eating.

Later I had another piece of the leftover carrot cake. Luckily Dale ate a huge piece of the chocolate. I had planned to freeze it, but I never did.

For dinner I had leftover Macaroni Salad, fresh veggies, and a few Kalamata olives.

This was a pretty big meal as well, but luckly fresh veggies wilt pretty quick after they are eaten, so I wasn't miserable. I can eat mountains of fresh veggies compared to pasta, bread or anything cooked.

After dinner and while blogging, I watched a movie, Crazy Heart with Jeff Bridges, Colin Farrell, & Maggie Gyllenhaal who has beautiful eyes just like her brother Jake. I'd never made the connection between the two until now.  It was a pretty good movie, much better than I expected. I'm giving it 4 stars. 

Now I'm off to bed. Not nearly as late as last night unless I can't break away from the book. Have a great night/day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment