Google Search Results

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Productive Day, Boring Night

Today was a pretty productive day for me. I had a lot of good food and I also got a lot done around the house. I fixed a big cup of coffee to go with a carrot cake muffin and a gala apple. I was really full after breakfast. I had another half cup of coffee a little later.

I did make the mistake of turning my laptop on this morning, which makes it difficult for me to get started, but I did manage to get more done than usual. I jumped from room to room doing this and that for most of the day. I had planned to clean my tub, toilet etc., but couldn't find my new bottle of bathroom cleaner. It had somehow gotten left in the car and Lucas had taken the car to class and was gone most of the day. I went a head and cleaned the toilet, but the sink and tub had to wait. I emptied the dishwasher, washed & folded clothes and moved things from room to room, so exciting, right?

I finally got around to fixing lunch at about 2pm. I'd frozen the buns I'd bought to keep them from going bad before I had a chance to eat them. I'd also gotten some pumpernickel that needed to be eaten soon, so I decided to fix a sandwich out of it and freeze the rest. I always have bread when DH & Lucas are out. They either don't eat the bread I buy for myself or don't eat it unless they are out of their bread and they rarely ever eat bread that's been frozen.

I used the last 5 slices of my oven roasted tofurky, butter lettuce, onion, cucumber, white American cheese, Italian dressing, mayo, salt & pepper. It was a little messy as usual, but very good. It did annoy me that the edges of the bread was a little tough after toasting it, once it cooled but that's the price I pay for choosing to post photos of my food, lol.

My afternoon snack was a Lemon Chobani. Yum!!

I started to have an Amy's frozen dinner this evening, but went with a cheese pizza. Lucas had mentioned fixing it and since he would be gone to an evening class, I decided to go ahead and fix it so that he could just heat it up when he got home. I had about a fourth of it (2 slices) with some fresh veggies and a little spicy ranch on the side for dipping.

I also sprinkled my pizza with red pepper flakes to kick it up a little. You'll be seeing a lot of broccoli this week if everything goes well. They had a BOGO sale on the bunches of broccoli, couldn't pass that up. I will probably have to cook some in order to eat it all before it goes bad. What's your favorite way to eat broccoli?

This evening was a very boring evening. There was absolutely nothing on tv. I was still late getting started on tonight's post. I mostly loaded movies on my Netflix queue for instant watch, but never watched any of them. I also found a new game online and wound up spending too much time on that, but I am liking my new/old schedule better. I think blogging at night works out better for me. I just need to concentrate on getting started earlier, so that I can get to bed at a decent hour and possibly get some reading in before going to bed. Guess, that's all for now. Have a great night/day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment