Google Search Results

Friday, January 20, 2012

One Noodle Two Meals

I was dragging when I got up yesterday. I'd stayed up too late and got up too early. I felt sort crappy all day. I skipped the caffeine, but I really should have went for a great big cup of coffee. Instead I had a great big cookie, a 3 minute oatmeal cookie that is. I also took my B12 hoping that would help.

I spent the morning looking forward to lunch. I know, that's awful right? I knew what I was going to have. The fettucini Alfredo I'd had the night before had really hit the spot and it was so good, I wanted more. I added a slice up carrot to this batch for a Pasta Primavera. It was just as good as it was with just the broccoli.

A little black pepper and Parmesan and it was perfect.

I wanted to munch all day. I had one of Lucas' turtle cookies. I love how soft and chewy these are. I hate that they're not bigger and don't have zero calories. I could stand less sugar in them. My 3 minute oatmeal cookie was different, but just as good. They are bigger, but they aren't calorie free either. I'm pretty sure they're healthier, but I'm not sure how much.

I manage to avoid more snacking until later. I needed a little something before going to Zumba. I had a yogurt parfait with half an apple, cinnamon, walnuts, and Kellogg's Fiber Plus Berry Yogurt Crunch cereal.

I think I need to do less cereal, more yogurt, but my parfait looks more like a parfait. Before you could hardly see anything but the yogurt. It was just right as a pre-Zumba snack.

I was just a little run down before going to Zumba. I wasn't sure I was up to it. I considered skipping it, but made myself go anyway. The class was a little relaxed last night. We didn't use weights, which was a little disappointing at first, but I think I needed the break anyway. I made it through class and felt a little better afterwards.

I was ready for dinner when I got back. I went with something fairly quick as usual. I used the last of my leftover Fettucini noodles as part of my second meal of the day, but with totally different additional ingredients. I call this dish my Pre-Chicken Parmesan with whole wheat garlic toast on the side.

I fried some onion and bell pepper and then added an egg (pre-chicken) and scrambled it all together. I then added my fettucini noodles and stirred it all together until the noodles were hot. I put it in a bowl and topped it with hot spaghetti sauce and Parmesan cheese. Ta Da!! Pre-Chicken Parmesan. I wasn't sure about this at first, but figured that since I like eggs and tomatoes, it would be ok. Let me tell you, it was really good. A lot better than I expected. I would definitely fix this again.
After dinner I was feeling pretty tired, so I decided to just sort and upload my photos and call it a night. Even after going to bed earlier, I was still not enthused about getting up this morning, but I'm good now. I'm off to enjoy my day. Enjoy yours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment