Google Search Results

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Getting Geared Up For Summer

A beautiful day and a breakfast to match. Today was Meatless Monday. Did you go meatless?

What's in the bowl
Vanilla yogurt
Multi grain flakes cereal (Generic) 100% daily recommended amount iron
Kix 50%
Cheerios 45%
Ground flax
Nectarine diced (I like to eat the peeling so I buy nectarines instead of peaches)
Blueberries
Walnuts chopped

Doesn't this look lovely?


I started to get that tired sleepy feeling today, but I resisted. I went outside in the sunshine and gave my liriope grass a haircut. The lawn is still dead from winter, but cutting back the liriope sure makes the walkway look a lot better. I still have some leaves to get up, but my back is still bothering me a little, so I didn't push it. I felt a lot better though, after getting outside for a little while.



Here are some of my leftovers from Sunday after the ride home with Whippy, I mean Lucas. He turns a little sharper and uses the brake less than I prefer. In case you are wondering, this was pasta salad, pea salad and slaw.

I decide to use the already mixed up pasta and pea salad as a topping/dressing for my lunch salad. 

What's on the plate
Spinach
Romaine
Carrot
Cucumber
Yellow bell pepper
Pea salad
Pasta salad
Black Pepper
It looks better in the photo than I thought it would and it was actually pretty good.

After lunch we went to Aldi's. I got a few things for dinner as well as some other things. When I got back, I had a piece of the leftover coconut pie. It survived the trip home, only slightly tainted with peanut butter pie. A little messy looking, but that doesn't effect the taste at all. I'm afraid that after this week. I will be limiting dessert to Sunday only, unless I can resist it on Sunday as well. I will have to use up the sweet snacks I have already, but I'm going to try to limit those until they are gone. I just can't waste food. No more off camera eating. Yes I've been known to eat a handful of this or that without taking a photo, but usually only late at night after I've started working on the blog.


Another salad for dinner. I bought grape tomatoes and mushrooms, along with the Light Sun Dried Tomato Vinaigrette.

What's on the plates
Spinach
Romaine
Onion
Grape tomatoes
Mushroom
Yellow Bell
Black Beans
 

I waited until after a few shots to put on the ground flax and the dressing. I knew it wouldn't look as good after the addition. I'll be trying to eat more salad, but even salads can sabotage weight loss depending on what you add to it. My lunch salad was probably far from low cal. The beans make this one a little more hefty, but now too bad. You also have to remember not to drown your salad in dressing, even the light adds up. I will be weaning myself, so mine will be heavier to begin with. Lucas and I are talking about walking again since it's warming up outside, a least until it gets too hot. 

I think I need smaller plates. I have trouble with portion control. I sort of have to trick myself into eating less. I normally eat on smaller plates, but since getting the new plates, which are all large, I think, I've been eating more and it's starting to show. Most people are trying to slim down to get into their bikinis; I haven't worn one in years or a one piece for that matter. It's not my thing, but I still try to keep things in check. Are you getting geared up for summer, gardening, dieting, exercising, etc? Feeling spring fever yet? Well until tomorrow. Cya. 






2 comments:

  1. Your food pictures are so pretty. I'll be glad when I get my camera working again. Don't know when that will be. Wish me luck on that. Anyways, yes I've got spring fever bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. All the colorful food is what makes the picture. I just happen to be the one holding the camera, though, I do believe that the more pictures you take the better you get at it. Hope you get your camera working soon.

    ReplyDelete