Google Search Results

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Better Late Than Never

I finally got my photos straightened out this morning, but I didn't have time to work on it right away. Better late than never, I suppose.

Happy Groundhog's Day! Did your groundhog see his shadow? Well Sir Walter Wally saw his, he's the North Carolina Groundhog, so I guess those of us in North Carolina will be seeing 6 more weeks of winter weather. I would love to see some warm weather soon.

My alarm clock dogs got me up early again this morning. Who needs an alarm clock? I think they are mad at me about something. Hopefully the carrots today made up for whatever I did. My puppies love carrots. They get excited when they hear my vegetable peeler rattle. Carrots are also cheaper and healthier than dog biscuits. The bad thing is, they will drive me crazy wanting to go outside, stand on the porch and come right back in hoping they will get a carrot.

Breakfast was simple, half a Panera French toast bagel toasted and spread with strawberry cream cheese and a navel orange. I think I prefer plain cream cheese with the actual strawberries. I can't wait until strawberries are in season. Strawberry low sugar preserves are pretty good too. I'm already thinking about tomorrows  breakfast, but you'll have to wait and see what I'll be having.




For lunch I had an Amy's Light & Lean soft taco fiesta, which is a soft corn tortilla placed between a layer of brown rice, shredded vegetables, and sweet corn and a layer of black beans and cheese and covered with a blend of tomatillo and ranchero sauces. It's only 220 calories so I added a side salad with spinach, butter lettuce, mushroom, carrot, red bell pepper, celery and "what's left in the condiment bottles" dressing. It was all pretty good. I usually like Amy's products. I don't think there's anything I've tried that was bad. So far I've eaten the enchilada verde, the bean and rice burrito, and the tortilla casserole with black beans, which was probably the best.


I added a sprinkle of Mexican blend cheese, just to make it look better.


Later I had a Cannoli which was a little damaged from the ride home. I'd put it in the fridge until today, so the outside was sort of soft instead of crispy, but it was still pretty good. I liked the cinnamon with the chocolate. 
It probably would have really been good fresh. It was the first time, I've eaten one. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I wasn't disappointed. 



Dinner was a leftover do-over. I cut up some red and green bell pepper and an onion and put them in a pan to fry until the onions were translucent. While the onions and peppers were cooking I peeled and diced the 2 leftover baked potatoes from last night's dinner. I threw in the potato chunks when the onions were ready and seasoned it all with some barbecue seasoning, salt and freshly ground black pepper. I cooked everything until the potatoes were hot and starting to brown. I had a salad of spinach, butter lettuce, onion, r&g bell peppers, mushroom, and carrot with light ranch dressing.




A last minute addition of chopped walnuts and homemade croutons.

I am glad I was able to get my photos straightened out. Things are still a little screwy though. I am hoping things will be back to normal before long and in the mean time I will be looking into a back up plan or alternative to what I'm doing now. I'm still open to suggestions. Have a great afternoon and I'll be back later.

No comments:

Post a Comment