Google Search Results

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Banana Breakfast

....or monkey breakfast.
I won't even go into how my morning started. I'll just say, there are reason's why I am not a morning person, however breakfast kinda, sorta, made up for it a little. I had one very ripe banana that wouldn't get eaten if it went one more day. It was already at that if-y stage, "Is it too far gone or not?", you know what I mean. It's sort of hard to tell once the skin turns brown. Luckily it was very ripe, but only slightly bruised. I prefer my banana a little less than ripe, but as long as they're not runny and not brown on the inside, I will eat them. Usually I use them to make banana bread, oatmeal, muffins, etc.

Ok, well back to the subject. For breakfast I had my banana two different ways. One was on toast spread with peanut butter and the other was on top of vanilla yogurt, along with cornflakes, cheerios, and pecans. Both were yummy. It was a very filling breakfast and I went until lunch without needing a snack.




Lunch was not great. I had the leftover Simply Asia Peanut Noodles. I tried to doctor them up, so that they'd taste  better and  that was about all I could do for them. They did taste better once I added a little more PB and some lite soy sauce, but it wasn't enough to make me like them. At least I had a good salad to go with them. It was spinach, baby romaine, carrot, broccoli, mushrooms, onion, celery, with chow mein noodles and my simple Asian salad dressing. Lucas fixed the Kung Pao noodles and he didn't care for those, so I will probably being eating those before long. I will let you know if they get the thumbs down from me as well.





Before dinner, I decided to fix me a cup of cocoa. My Aunt Lynda got me some to try the day we went and had lunch at the Ketchie Creek Bakery. It was Land O Lakes mint and chocolate cocoa mix. It was very sweet, I used it and some baking cocoa with water and a Hershey's candy cane kiss. It was very minty, which I like. I think they should make cocoa and chocolate milk mix with less sugar. I added the kiss for more mint. It made the cocoa sweeter than I would have liked, but it was still good.




For dinner I had a "falling off the plate" shrimp salad. That's a salad piled up until it starts falling off the plate when you try to put more on. I use breaded popcorn shrimp. I don't do bare shrimp. They remind me of grub worms. I can eat them as long as I can't see them. I tried to think of fries or onion rings when I eat them. That reminds me, I'd really love to have some onion rings. I'll have to put that on my list of things to get soon.

Along with the popcorn shrimp, there was spinach, baby romaine, carrot, mushrooms, onion, and broccoli with what I call "what's left in the condiment bottles" dressing. I had nearly empty ranch dressing, chipotle mayo, and mayonnaise. I poured what was left of the ranch into the chipotle mayo bottle, scraped a little mayonnaise out of the jar, added that and a dab of vinegar, a dab of milk, a little garlic powder, paprika, and a pinch of salt. I shook it all up and I had salad dressing. It was pretty good too. I also shook some red pepper flakes over the salad.




Well I survived another Monday. It was looking bad this morning. How was your Monday?

No comments:

Post a Comment