Google Search Results

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Peppermint Hot Cocoa With A Kiss

It took me a while to get motivated this morning. I was starvin', but too sorry to fix anything. I sat on the couch until I finally got desperate and got up and fixed a bowl of maple and brown sugar mini wheats cereal and 2% milk. Breakfast was more like brunch.




After I had my cereal, I decided to set my timer for 15 minutes and work in my kitchen. I was hoping that would motivate me to get up and do something. It must have worked. After I did 15 in the kitchen. I did 15 doing laundry, washing a load and folding and putting away what was done. I did another 15 minutes in the living room and then I took a 15 minute break. I got quite a bit done. It's amazing what you can get done in 15 minutes.

I spent the day doing 15 minutes here and 15 there, until it was time for lunch. I had another wrap with the Tuscan-Style tuna salad. It was actually better today than it was the other day. I also had some more of the marinated mushrooms on the side. It was very nice.


I had a few more Ritz crackers with cream cheese and jalapeƱo jelly. I've really had a craving for it lately. I could make a meal of it. Lucas must have the same craving. He's been helping eat it and he doesn't stop at 3 or 4. If I was 20 years younger, I probably wouldn't either.





For dinner I had leftover vegetable lo mein. It was still great. I have been missing the occasional Chinese dinner. I would still love to go to the China Buffet or get some broccoli in garlic sauce, it's my favorite. I found a recipe today, for the broccoli in garlic sauce, which I intend to try. I can't wait.




After dinner I enjoyed another cup of the peppermint hot cocoa. I used 2% milk, about 1 1/3 cups, a teaspoon and a half baking cocoa  and 1 Tbsp. of peppermint syrup. I heated the milk and then added the cocoa and syrup. For an extra kick of peppermint I dropped one Hershey's candy cane kiss in and stirred until it desolved. Very peppermint-y and very yummy.




I am loving these productive days and all the yummy food I've had. I just hope I haven't gained a lot. I need to make a date with my scales again. A date that doesn't lie, is that good or bad? My scales and I have a love hate relationship. How often do you weigh in and how do you feel about your scales? 

2 comments:

  1. Your veggie lo mein looks way better than mine. You'll have to send me what you put into it. Where do you get the peppermint syrup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it doesn't look so great when I use frozen veggies. I think the syrup came from World Market, but I have seen it in several other store, I think near the coffee.

    ReplyDelete