Google Search Results

Sunday, January 16, 2011

My Day From The Bottom Up

I am writing this with a headache and I wrote it from the bottom up, because I was having trouble concentrating and couldn't figure out what to say, so I started at the bottom, with dinner. Dinner was fresh in my mind and was easier to talk about. Then came lunch, my snack and now breakfast. As you may know, breakfast was a repeat of yesterday, but still just as delicious. The apple cinnamon baked oatmeal and yoplait strawberry yogurt are very good together. Cold yogurt and warm apple cinnamon-y baked oatmeal, yuummooo!




I had my usual snack today. The same one I've had for the past several days. I just can't get enough of the cream cheese crackers with jalapeno jelly. I won't torture you with more photos, but if you haven't seen them and you'd like to you can check the out here, here and here. I'm sure you'll agree that three days photos is enough.

I had Amy's Enchilada Verde again for lunch today. I'm making you look at it since it's been a few day. It doesn't look too hot, but it tastes pretty good. The spinach and cheese in the enchilada is my favorite part. You just have to remember, it is a frozen dinner and they almost never look good.  




Dinner was an experiment. I had a can of salmon and I wanted salmon patties, but not my usual recipe. I wanted to make an Asian style version. I did a search to get some ideas, but I couldn't find anything quickly that involved canned salmon. I decided just to wing it. I followed the basics, salmon, eggs, and cracker crumbs. I used finely chopped onion and carrot, cilantro, ginger, garlic, low sodium soy sauce, sesame oil, and crushed red pepper. I had rice, broccoli and a sesame mayo dressing I also made, with the salmon patty. 

The salmon patties were ok. I didn't use enough of the some of the ingredients to get enough of the Asian flavor, I was going for, so I will have to work on it again later, but the dressing was a winner. It is the best thing, I've ever eaten on broccoli. I had originally made it to go with the salmon, but decide to use it on the broccoli after tasting it. It was definitely a keeper.

Here's  what I used, simple, but very good.

Sesame Mayo Dressing
1/4 cup mayo
1 Tbsp. lime juice
1 tsp. sesame oil

I also added a little finely chopped onion, but I think green onion would be better. I didn't have one. 



Well, I managed another post. I'm hanging in here though. I hope you will too. Hopefully things will improve before too long and my blog will get better, maybe be more interesting. For now I'm just paddling along, trying to get from one day to another. I feel like I am suppose to be doing this for some reason, so I will keep doing it until I figure out why or until I feel like there's something else I'm suppose to do. Have you checked out the new recipe page or my about me page, I recently added? I'll be adding more recipes too. Cya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment