Google Search Results

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal


Less motivated, but ahead of the game. I got up, breakfast was prepped and sitting in the frig, waiting to be popped into the oven. I suppose you've know what it is. If you've been reading my blog, you could have probably guessed without reading the title. It was scrum-diddley-umptious (did you get that) apple cinnamon baked oatmeal. I also had a bowl of Yoplait strawberry yogurt, a little sweet, but very tasty.




I used the original baked oatmeal recipe with these additions:
1 medium apple, peeled and chopped
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts
2 tsp. ground flax
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. of cinnamon

In one of my other versions I had left out the applesauce, but I decided to leave it in this time. The oatmeal was more moist, but not soggy. I am planning to leave it in from now on. I was afraid it would be mushier than I prefer, since I am not a fan of mushy oatmeal, but it wasn't. You could leave it out if you'd like. It will be a little dryer, but still good. I store the leftovers in the fridge. What do you put in your baked oatmeal?

As I said before, I was less motivated today than I have been. I got a few things done, but with far less enthusiasm than in the past couple of days. It was good while it lasted. Some days I just have to make myself move. This was one of them. I've hated going outside. The ice is slowly melting, but there's still a lot of slipping and sliding done to get to those spots. I'm not a big fan of falling.

I had more Ritz crackers, cream cheese, and hot pepper jelly as a snack. I know....I've been obsessed with them lately and you're probably tired of seeing the photos, but they taste so good and they do make a pretty photo or maybe it's just me being obsessed that sees them that way, either way, here's more shots of my culinary obsession.




Blogger drives me nuts, sometimes. It jumps and freezes and sometimes just acts crazy. It makes me wonder if wordpress blogs have as much trouble. I'm tired and my mind is wondering.

So, anyway, lunch today was, as Lexi used to say, "not my favorite". I had another pizzeria four cheese, lean pocket. It maybe better in the oven, but no matter how long you cook it in the microwave, if it's warm the bread gets tough and I'm not very fond of the sauce. It's alright if it's all you have, I mean, it's edible, but I think, I would prefer something else for my money. I also had leftover navy beans and tomato sauce (FAIL). I'm not sure what I was going for, but next time, I'm going for something else entirely.


Dinner was better, but not great. There weren't enough "real" veggies involved to suit me. I had a grilled pepper jack cheese sandwich and seasoned fries with chipotle mayo.



I really needed a lighter vegetable than a potato, preferably something green, but Lucas had already fixed the fries and being lazy, I opted for those instead of fixing something more appealing. When will I learn? Some days I have the best food all day long and other times I choose junk. I sit back and say, "what were you thinking".  I'm keeping my fingers crossed that tomorrow will be a "good food day". At least I had my oatmeal. It was scrum-diddley-umptious! Gotta love that word. What word do you use to describe good food? I'm done. Sleep well, cya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment