Google Search Results

Monday, January 10, 2011

About Me & Lots of Pie


No, this was not breakfast. It was a late snack from last night. I had a small bowl of maple and brown sugar, frosted mini wheats before bed. I try not to do late snacks, but I just couldn't help myself. I did sleep better though. Whether or not that had anything to do with it, I don't know.

I woke up early this morning. Our water lines had frozen and pipes burst because the light we have in a pump house to prevent it somehow came unplugged. Luckily DH is handy and he got it all fixed. I had applesauce with cinnamon and  peanut butter almond granola and a buttered toasted English muffin. It was yummy.





Since I'd gotten an early start this morning, I was able to put together an About Me page. I also updated my about me box on the right. The box is a brief summary about me and what my blog is about, while the page is more detailed, giving you a better idea of what I'm about. It's nothing fancy, but neither am I.

Lucas and I got ready to head to Mom's while DH stayed home and fixed the water pipes. The day started early and so we left a little early. While all the food was cooking, I had a cup of peppermint coffee. It wasn't decaf, so I only had half a cup.


 I manage to get lots of picture today, but for some reason, I totally forgot to get a shot of my food. I don't think I've done that in a while. I've nearly forgotten a few times, but not completely forgotten. I did get pictures of everything else though.  As usually, I'll start with the meat, getting it out of the way and then getting on to the good stuff, lol.

On the menu today we have......
Chicken fried steak...

Baked breaded chicken breast....

Boneless barbecued pork ribs....

Now on to the meatless part of the meal...we have bell peppers stuffed with rice and Boca crumbles, cooked in tomatoes and cabbage....

Potato casserole....

Green beans....

Broccoli cornbread...

Simple salad with romaine, spinach, cucumbers & farmer's cheese. I did forget a shot of the tomatoes on the side....

Crescent rolls, which Lexi helped with, she loves to help cook......


For dessert, we had lots of pie......

Sweet potato....

Strawberry....

And the one I liked the most, chocolate peanut butter....

Now I will tell you what I ate, since I scarfed my food down before even thinking about getting a shot of my plate. I had half of one of the stuffed bell pepper, green beans, potato casserole, salad with ranch dressing and no tomato, because I forgot it too and a little crescent roll. I also had a bite of each pie to see which one I wanted. As you could probably already guess, I had a small slice of the chocolate peanut butter. I would have liked a large piece, but was too full to eat it. 

I also got several shots of the grand babies and the photos aren't too bad considering my poor photography skills and the moving targets, I was aiming for.
Lexi and Rapunzel....



This one is my favorite of Mary...


It was rather hectic as usually, but nice and despite my apparent ADD, I managed to stay somewhat focused, enough to get some shots of my favorite subjects. I even got a shot of Lucas, a big no, no. He says, I'm stealing his soul.


After I got home, I was very tired, I took a cat nap (closed my eyes for 15 minutes, literally). Afterwards, all I wanted to do was eat. I had a bowl of rice topped with a mixture of leftover chili beans, leftover veggie crumbles, peppers, onions, mushrooms, extra chili powder, chipotle powder and garlic. Spicy and good. I also had a handful of dry roasted Edamame





I was too tired to get all of this done last night. I did some last night and finished it up this morning. It still took some time. I have more distractions during the day. I haven't had breakfast yet, so I'm posting this and getting me something to eat. I'm about to starve, lol. Cya later. 

2 comments:

  1. Those are really good pictures. I like your new blog stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, I had a pretty good camera day. I hope everyone likes the new look and the new pages, etc.

    ReplyDelete