Google Search Results

Friday, January 21, 2011

No More Late Lunch Buffet

Still trying to get caught up. I was behind yesterday after running and having fun shopping and eating out. I had planned to do my last post yesterday morning. Mornings aren't great for blogging, too many interruptions and obligations. I got up and decided to eat breakfast first, since it takes a while to get pictures loaded on to the computer, sorted, edited, named, and uploaded, not to mention write the post and posting the pictures.

Breakfast was, (checking photo to see, I've already forgotten, lol) oh yeah, the other half of my trail mix bagel with warm peanut butter, ground flax and the fruit 'n fitness snack mix sprinkled on top. 

Before toasting and toppings...

The last of the Goji berry snack mix on top too.

Shortly after eating the power went off and stayed off. No lights, no internet, no phone, no heat, no water, and no blogging of course, so I packed up and went to Mom's. I had decaf coffee at Mom's and a bite of cheesecake.




A little bit later, Mom treated me to late lunch at the China Buffet. Note to self - late lunch at a buffet is not good. All the veggies and good stuff were gone or tough from sitting in the pans drying out. Finally they replenished a few things, and we were informed that they were switching over to the dinner buffet and unless we paid the dinner price, most of the fresh food was off limits. 

Plate #1 cold partially cooked broccoli from salad bar?, cucumbers, baked crab & cheese, tough shrimp, tough crab rangoon,  and veggie fried rice.

Plate #2 I did get fresh noodles with veggies?, some broccoli picked out of seafood and veggies, a sugar biscuit, fruit salad, and a cream puff. The fruit salad was good.

I also ate my fortune cookie, no photo, but this is what my fortune says:


Not the best food, but I still managed to stuff myself. Our reward for enduring the skimpy buffet....a decaf peppermint latte from Starbucks.Win! Very peppermint-y, yum!


Well now, it was time to head home and see if the power was back on. It wasn't and it was a couple of hours later before it was, so dinner was late and so was everything else. Luckily I have a portable kerosene heater for emergencies, lots of candles, kerosene lamps, and wind up flash lights; definitely lifesavers. 

Once the power was back on, I had a fairly quick dinner of baked seasoned fries and simple salad of spinach, radicchio, broccoli and onion with Italian dressing leftover from Ketchie Creek Bakery



Alright, well that's about gotcha caught up. Hopefully I will get today's evens in later and I'm back to normal. Cya later, alligator! If you like my blog, please tell me what you like about it. I'm sort of limited at the moment, but always looking for ways to improve. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment