Google Search Results

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Jalapeno Jelly Reviews

It's Saturday. It doesn't feel like Saturday. It felt like another weekday. It sure is boring to write about the same things everyday. I know it must be even worse to read the same thing everyday. I really wish I had a more interesting life to share with you. Food is all I have at the moment and I am thankful to have it. I do try to make it interesting. It's not easy. I like trying to make  the photos look good too. I think the addition of color has helped.

I always wake up thinking about what I will eat and how I will make it look good. Sometimes I think about it in the middle of the night and by morning, I have it all figured out. I was laying in bed awake this morning thinking about breakfast, not really wanting to get up, but knowing it was necessary. The phone rang, that was my cue to get started, so I answered it and started putting breakfast together as I talked. Breakfast was easy, an energizing navel orange and vanilla yogurt with cereal, dried fruit and nuts. Breakfast was yummy and the orange was juicy and sweet.

Today's mix was:
fruit and fitness snack mix
Kix (corn) actually Aldi's brand
Special K (rice)
Cheerios (oats)






I think sometimes I would like to go somewhere were there is no phone and no dogs, some place peaceful and quiet, but I never sleep good in strange places so I wouldn't be any better off, it's a nice thought though.

It was a quiet, uneventful day, except for the occasional dog bark or loud vehicle drive by. Some days both are more frequent. For lunch, I chose nachos. I had pinto beans and a spoonful of brown rice with spinach and tomato. I topped some tortilla chips with the beans and rice, tomato sauce, because I didn't have any taco sauce, salsa, or canned tomatoes and I sprinkled them with taco seasoning and Mexican blend cheese. I stuck them in the microwave for about a minute and a half and then put some red and green bell pepper, butter lettuce, mushroom and onion on the side and topped my nachos with jalapeno slices and sour cream. Very sloppy, very filling, and very good. The tomato sauce was a great sub.





Later I had myself a jalapeno jelly taste comparison test. I have 3 different brands of jalapeno or hot pepper jelly (Reese, Stonewall Kitchen, & Mrs. Millers), some weight watchers cream cheese and Ritz crackers. I wanted to taste all three together to see the actually different. I had six actually, 3 off camera and 3 on.



Now for the results. And the winners are....
Hottest - Reese
Sweetest - Reese
Mildest - Mrs. Millers
Prettiest - Stonewall Kitchen
Preferred  - Stonewall Kitchen
Most Expensive - Stonewall Kitchen

My conclusion - I actually preferred the heat of the Reese, but it's also sweeter than I prefer. The Mrs. Millers and the Stonewall Kitchen are very similar with SK being slightly hotter. The Mrs. Millers has more green pepper pieces, but I think they must be bell pepper since they are mentioned in the ingredient list and the heat is absent. It will all be eaten eventually, of course the Stonewall will be the first to go. I will continue to search for the best. BTW the Weight Watcher's cream cheese was great. If it's not real, it doesn't matter, it's good. It also has a little less fat than the Neufchatel or reduce fat cream cheese.

Dinner was easy. I had onion rings with salad. 

Salad Ingredients
baby romaine
spinach
red bell pepper
green bell pepper
onion
mushrooms
pinto beans
sundried tomato vinaigrette
fresh cracked black pepper



I love onion rings, not the minced ones, the ones with the whole onion ring inside. For some reason, they are hard to find in grocery stores. Every now and then they have them at Aldi's. Most stores have the mince onion rings. They are too sweet for me. I want the real thing.

How did you like the pepper jelly review? Should I try to do more reviews? Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment