Google Search Results

Friday, January 28, 2011

Go Home Or Go Shopping

 I slept 5 hours straight. I know that doesn't sound like much, but it's something I haven't done in a very long time. On nights I considered good sleep, I would usually wake up every 2 to 3 hours. I considered it good because I was able to go back to sleep within 30 minutes. The longest I've slept was 4 hours without waking and I was usually exhausted, then when I did wake up I would either not be able to go back to sleep or I would sleep waking every 20 to 30 minutes until I gave up and got up. Five hours is wonderful. I even had a dream. I dreamed of eating chocolate cake. When I got up, after getting online, I found out today was chocolate cake day. How weird is that? I had no idea before that.

I got up early, let the dogs out, in and then I went back to bed and slept some more. It was nice. When I got up I had half an everything bagel from Panera's. I spread a thin layer of cream cheese across it, since I completely forgot to get any when I went to the grocery store and just had a little left in the frig, luckily it was enough to do the job.




I fiddled around the house for a little while doing the same things I normally do, then we got ready to head over to Mom's. She had some Fiestaware dishes she was willing to donate to the blog. I can't wait to try them out. I hope to find a few more odd and end pieces eventually in some other colors. I hadn't had lunch and I figured I would wait until I got back. I wasn't planning to be gone long.

When we got to Mom's she had other plans. She wanted us to go shopping with her and then grab something to eat out. It was a lovely day to be out. Do I say no, go home, eat leftovers, clean etc. or do I go shopping and eat something fresh that someone else cooks for me? Hmmm......Duh? You know what I did.


Lunch turned into early dinner. We went to O' Charley's, no more afternoon buffets for us. She and I did the 2 entrees for $14.99. I'm so glad we did. I chose the Teriyaki Sesame Tilapia, grilled whitefish with peppers, onions, mushrooms, and red pepper flakes in pineapple-sesame sauce served over rice. It was super yummy, the best thing I've eaten out in a while. It ranked right up there with Ruby Tuesday, which I love, love, love. I even had leftovers, score!


Sorry, but the bread gets the thumbs down.facebook chat emoticon tongue Too sweet.

My rare soft drink indulgence, Sierra Mist.

This looked so good, I had to get a bite before the picture.... not, I just about forgot, lol.

We also went to Starbucks afterward for a decaf peppermint latte. This was a previous shot, the one I got tonight was actually larger, not intentional. One day, I'm going back when I haven't just eaten and have myself a plain coffee and a pumpkin scone or maybe a gingerbread biscotti. Their stuff looks so good. It would be sad how big I'd be if I lived next to Starbucks and had unlimited funds. I'd also like to try their veggie, egg, and monterey jack artisan breakfast sandwich.

This wasn't all I ate today. I had a fig bar before posting the pictures and later more potato chips than I needed while I was finishing this up.

I didn't accomplish much at home today, but I had a good time and hopefully there's tomorrow for cleaning. It's not like the mess is going anywhere. I never did get any chocolate cake, did you? Cya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment