Google Search Results

Sunday, January 02, 2011

Poor Food Choices, I Want A Do Over

I slept in today. I didn't mean to, but I did. I had no idea it was so late when I got up, until I looked at the clock. I don't like sleeping late, because it throws me out of whack and sort of ruins the rest of the day. I just had a sugar donut and a fuji apple for breakfast. I knew the donut was not a good choice, but I was lazy and wanted to get rid of some of the sweet junk I had allowed myself to bring home. I didn't bring as much as normal. The fact that my freezer is packed full of junk helped me to limit what I took. Lucas has taken some of it to his room which helps me, but not him. I am going to have to say NO.




It wasn't a good day for food. Lunch turned in to a nibble here and a snack there. We ran over to Mom's again today and I had coffee there. I tried a couple of bites of her chocolate nut popcorn (actually chocolate nut crunch caramel clusters) and a cookie. Sweet, sweet, sweet.

I almost forgot to get a shot, but I did get one. Go me!


She also gave me some cheese from Yoder's. It says "Garden Vegetable Yogurt" on the label. Whatever it is, it's good. Lucas and I both tried it when we got home and we both thought was yummy. I didn't expect him to try it, much less like it. Despite his Mom being a vegetarian, he's not much of a vegetable eater. He's getting better about trying things though, so maybe there's hope for him, lol.


Dinner was better, but not exactly what I was in the mood for. I thought I wanted some of the broccoli cornbread which I had brought home, but it was sweet and after all the sugar I'd consumed today, it was a real turn off. I had the last of the succotash with it, which I was just eating because, I didn't want it to go to waste. I'd  already eaten it 3 times lately. The succotash turned out to be more of what I was in the mood for than the broccoli cornbread.



A little while later I had a bowl of the snowball cake, which, for those of you that don't know, is angel food cake, gelatin, pineapple and cool whip. It's suppose to have shredded coconut which was left off for those who didn't like it and also usually has maraschino cherries, but those where left off too apparently. I personally like both. I have no idea why I ate this. I have certainly met my sugar quota. I don't know why I continue to eat sweets. Every time I do, I feel sorta sick afterwards.


I'm having a do over tomorrow and see if I can do better. This was a lesson in what not to eat. Do you ever have days where nothing you eat satisfies you? Tune in tomorrow to see if I'm able to make better choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment