Google Search Results

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Salads And Dressing Recipes

I slept pretty good last night. What a difference a good night's sleep makes. I wish every night were like that and I hope tonight is as good. I got up earlier than usual, not a lot earlier, but earlier. I already had breakfast planned. I planned to finish up yesterday's egg salad, but I decided to have it on half a poppy seed bagel instead of the pumpernickel, like yesterday. I was hoping the poppy seed bagel would be better with the egg salad. I wasn't particularly thrilled with it either. I love the poppy seeds on the everything bagels and I love the poppy seed crackers, I've eaten, but the bagel just didn't wow me.



I had a snack later. I wasn't sure what I wanted and it took me a minute to decide, but I finally settled on having the last piece of apple cinnamon baked oatmeal. It definitely ranked right up there with the Cranberry Orange Pecan baked oatmeal, which was awesome.


I did a lot of mopping today. I mopped the kennel dining room and the living room before having lunch. All the nasty weather we've been having has created lots of muddy paw foot prints. I've been spot mopping daily, but it really needed a more thorough cleaning, of course, you won't be able to tell it tomorrow, but I will. I really hate mud, however, I love salad. Yesterday's salad started something. 

For lunch I had another salad.




Asian Salmon Salad

mixed baby greens
spinachcarrots
broccoli
red onion
Asian salmon patties  (sorry, a work in progress, I haven't gotten the recipe refined enough to post yet)
chow mein noodles
red pepper flakes
Asian salad dressing

The dressing is one that I threw together, which was a little different from the Oriental Salad dressing, I'd made a while back. The salad and dressing were very good. I'm not sure which dressing, I liked better though, the Oriental or the Asian, but the Asian was definitely good, even though it was very simple.

Simple Asian Salad Dressing

1 Tbsp. Lite Soy Sauce
2 tsp. Sesame Oil
2 tsp. Seasoned Rice Vinegar

Combine in a jar/bottle/etc and shake vigorously before adding to salad.

Note: The dressing is sort of a single serving recipe. It made a little more than I needed, but maybe not enough for another salad.

My evening snack was very kid friendly. Do you remember "ants on a log"? I don't remember eating it as a child, but as an adult, I love it. I don't think either of my kids eat it either. Who says adults can't have fun snacks? I used the raisins from my dried mixed fruit, which I had already robbed of cranberries and apples for 3 minute oatmeal cookies.



My evening meal was also a salad, a delicious fruity salad with a sweet tangy dressing. Salads with fruit are truly yummy.



Apple Cinnamon Salad

Spinach
Fuji Apple
red onion
carrot
raisins
pecans

Apple Cinnamon Salad Dressing

1/2 c. apple cider vinegar
1/3 c. vegetable oil
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cinnamon

Combine in a jar/bottle/etc. Shake vigorously until sugar and salt are dissolved and before adding to salad.

Note: This dressing makes several servings. I'm not sure exactly how many, but I had quite a bit leftover.

I've missed my salads more than I've realized apparently. Another good thing about today, I received my free sample of Dove Hair Care Daily Moisture daily treatment/conditioner and a $1 coupon for any 1 Dove Hair Care product. With the dry heat, I have really been needing a good conditioner. I guess this is a reminder to look for more free samples. Have you gotten any free samples and/or coupons lately? Cya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment