Google Search Results

Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Quick Broccoli Cheese Soup

Early to bed, early to rise..... I didn't sleep well last night either, but I've made up my mind, I'm getting some sleep tonight, one way or the other, lol.

Breakfast today was pretty much the same as yesterday, but it was still good. I had the other half of my Panera everything bagel, toasted, with the last of my cream cheese. You would think I would get sick of those after a while, but I still love them, no matter how they make your breath smell. Personally, I like the smell of garlic.



I didn't feel too bad today, even though I haven't had a lot of sleep lately. I'm just a little goofy and disoriented, not really a laughing matter, sleep deprivation can be dangerous. People tend to make mistakes and have accidents when sleep deprived. Another reason I need to solve my probably is so that I can talk about something else, right? I didn't take a nap today, I did get some housework done, minus any accidents luckily. I didn't get my Christmas tree taken down. I will try that tomorrow after I've had a good nights sleep.

Lunch today was not great. I had one of Healthy Choice's Fresh Mixers. It was the rotini and zesty marinara sauce with fire roasted onions and whole grain pasta. I didn't care for the sauce. It was a sort of sweet sauce. I'm just not a fan of sweet spaghetti sauce, marinara, etc. It wasn't bad, just not my preference. I wish they made more vegetarian dishes and I did like that it was whole grain pasta. I also liked the little steamer bowl it comes with to prepare it in. I wasn't all that hungry so I didn't have anything to go with it. It was pretty filling all by itself.




Later I had what my brother in law calls a pile of yum yum or something like that. It use to be a Krispy Kreme chocolate peppermint bark donut. After several days in a bag with a Cheerwine filled donut, it was for some unknown reason reduce to a "pile of yum yum". It looked yummier than it was.




At first glance it looked moist and chocolately, but after further inspection tasting it, it was dry, very dry and not so tasty. I could hardly taste the mint and the dryness did not enhance the flavor of the chocolate. My opinion, Krispy Kremes are made to be eaten when bought and not several days later. If you can't eat them immediately, they should be frozen. The glazed donuts somehow get drippy on the outside and dry on the inside. I don't understand it. It's like the glaze sucks all the moisture out of the donut. I would however like to try Krispy Kreme's January featured donut, the dark chocolate kreme.

I was late getting dinner started, because we had to make a dog food run and we also picked up a few other things while we were out. Dinner was my favorite meal of the day. I had Campbell's broccoli cheese soup with extra broccoli, extra cheese and whole wheat spaghetti. It was fairly quick and very good. I boiled my noodles, added frozen broccoli florets when the noodles were done, brought it back to a boil, boiled 3 minutes, drained, added soup, milk, a slice of cheese and I had a delicious dinner. I had a bowl full and a little more after that. I wanted to keep eating, but I didn't want to over stuff myself.



Now I'm almost ready for my good nights sleep. Wish me luck, literally, leave a comment, lol. I need all the help I can get.

No comments:

Post a Comment