Google Search Results

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Dinner And A Movie

Another beautiful day. I tried to sleep in this morning, but it just wasn't happening. I had several puppies who just weren't going to hear of it. Some mornings I get up to let them out and they just look at me, like, "What do you want?" and then there are those days like today when they act as though they are going to die if I don't let them out the door. DH usually lets them out when he gets up around 5 or 6 am., so I know they don't need to go that badly, but there's no resting until I they go.

I got up and let them out and I tried to lay back down, but I couldn't go back to sleep. I had to figure out what I was having for breakfast. I had another half of an everything bagel that I needed to eat and no cream cheese, @%$#$! I eventually decided on an omelet. In the mean time I had a little cappuccino snack mix to get me going and tide me over while I fixed my breakfast.

My omelet was one egg, a splash of milk, spinach, and sundried tomato with salt and fresh ground pepper. I toasted my bagel, topped it with my omelet and sprinkled it with a little shredded tomato basil yogurt cheese. The cheese and the sundried tomatoes were from Yoder's. It wasn't very pretty to look at, but it was pretty dad-gum tasty.


I got to try out some of the Fiesta plates and bowls I got from Mom. Mom gave me some Cobalt blue, turquoise, plum, and yellow or sunflower (I'm not sure if they are the same). I looked on the manufacturer website to see what other colors they have. I really liked the tangerine, lemongrass, and peacock. They have more pieces than I realized, like the square plates, casserole dishes, glasses, and more.

For lunch today, I had my leftovers from O' Charley's. The teryaki sesame tilapia was awesome. I love the sweet spicy combo. I cooked the last of my fresh broccoli to go with it. I enjoyed every bite. The rice was the best part.




I went out and picked up a few things at the store this evening. Mainly it was a dog run. We can't have the puppies going hungry. I also picked up some cream cheese. I got the Weight Watcher's brand, that is real cream cheese, isn't it? It was the same size package, but cheaper, so I thought I'd try it out. I wish I'd remembered it at Aldi's. It's about 70 cent cheaper there.  I had a few peanut butter pretzels before we left.


When we got back we started planning dinner. I had more leftovers. The brown rice with spinach and tomatoes and orange and yellow carrots with green beans and red bell pepper. I'd eaten it with a thawed salmon patty earlier this week. I didn't feeling like having salmon with it again, so I decided to have some pinto beans. It was good, but again, the rice was the best part.




While I was having dinner, I decided to watch my chick flick, Nights In Rodanthe. It wasn't exactly what I had hoped for. I liked it, but I didn't "really like" it.  I'll just leave it at that, to avoid spoiling it for anyone else.



 How about some movie or meatless meal suggestions. What good movie have you seen recently and/or what's your favorite meatless meal? If you're interest in checking out some other movie's I've watched recently, check out this one and this one. Ok, that's it, I'm done. Come see me tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment