Google Search Results

Thursday, January 06, 2011

Gettin' My Chocolate Fix

Another day....
Another breakfast....
This day started off just like most. The sun was up, I could her my dogs, usually what wakes me. I'm not a morning person as you may know. I don't look forward to getting up, but I do look forward to breakfast. I already knew what I was going to eat. I think about food in my sleep. I plan meals, recipes. I know, it's strange. Part of the reason I have trouble sleeping is because I think too much. 

Today's breakfast was a repeat of yesterday's breakfast of Chobani Greek vanilla yogurt, Yoder's Goji berry health mix and their peanut butter almond granola and a buttered toasted English muffin. When I eat something I like, I usually have to have it again, fairly soon. 



I didn't sleep great and I really didn't want to get up, yet I was fairly determined to have a good day. I got some cleaning done, laundry, I even got that Christmas tree out of the way finally. I still have decorations to put away, but I feel like I accomplished quite a bit. I also had another cup of the World Market Gingerbread cocoa. I added a little extra cinnamon. It sort of reminded me of a graham cracker. I don't why, but that is what it made me think of when I tasted it.




I was also looking forward to lunch. I had that planned also. Today I was having one of Amy's bowls, the tortilla casserole with black beans. I really do plan on attempting a homemade version of this. I just haven't gotten around to it. The one I had today seemed to look even better than the last one. 



I also had a piece of Lindt's Chili flavored dark chocolate. I actually had 2 pieces. I love spicy and I love dark chocolate. 



Dinner wasn't planned. Dale brought home lots of bread, hoagie buns and hamburger buns. So, what was I going to put on a bun. The cogs where turning. I remember a small amount of Morning Star Farms veggie crumbles that I had in the freezer. I also had a bit of green pepper and some baby portabella mushrooms. I decided to cut up some onion with the pepper and mushrooms. I fried them in a little oil and added the crumbles, salt, pepper, garlic, and a few shakes of low sodium soy sauce. I warmed one of the hoagie buns, put some of the veggie crumble mixture on it with a few slices of the Yoder's Garden Vegetable yogurt cheese and mayo. The sandwich was good, but sloppy. I could have done without the mayo and the cheese is good, but I just couldn't really taste it. This is a cheese, I think I prefer cold on crackers or alone. I also had some chex mix with my sandwich. Now I am stuffed. 



When I was little, I use to lay Hershey bars on the heater vent to melt and eat them with a spoon. I got my chocolate fix today. How do you get your chocolate fix? 

No comments:

Post a Comment