Google Search Results

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A New Look


I woke up to snow this morning. We were expecting snow, but we weren't sure how much we were getting. They have really blown the weather out of proportion, no pun intended. I've seen worse. They have people who are not use to this kind of weather, scared to death of a snow flake. They act like this is the worst weather we've ever had. The roads are pretty bad, but at the most, we probably have 5 inches of snow. I remember 18 inches of snow on the ground once and we had my Chevy Vega out driving around in it. We had snow quite often when the kids were little, we just don't  get snow as much  now. Mostly all we ever get is ice. Snow is better.

I was anxious to get up this morning to see how much we'd gotten. I wasn't expecting a huge amount and I have to say, I was right. We actually got more snow the last time. I also had to finish my post for yesterday, so I got up and got right on it. I had a lot of photos, so it was a bit time consuming. I've really got to start working on it sooner than I have lately.

I had breakfast, late, after I finished posting everything. I had half a gingerbread bagel with honey nut cream cheese, walnuts, and fruit from the Goji Berry Health Mix. It was a pretty good combo.



I decided to work on the site some more. I've changed the look of things and I've also added a twitter button so you can follow me if you'd like. I usually post updates to the blog on twitter and occasionally pictures. I haven't been using twitter long, but I do like it.

We decided to go out and check out the road conditions. They had already been out and scraped the road in front of our house and one end of the road didn't look too bad. The adjoining road was pretty good. We turned off onto another road which was bad. We circled around and came in on the other end of our road, it was also pretty bad. It had stopped snowing when we left, but had started again by the time we were home. I tried to get some photos, but my camera doesn't do snowflakes or at least I haven't figured out how to get it to do snowflakes.


I had lunch when we got back. I had half a leftover stuffed pepper, some green beans, potato casserole and a little dab of the chocolate peanut butter pie. Mom will have to make 2 next time. That one got gone too fast.



It didn't look too good here, but it still tasted yummy...

My eating schedule has really been messed up lately. I have slept better, the last couple of days and even gotten up earlier, but it seems like meals have gotten later, which has messed me up getting everything posted as usual. Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all late. Dinner was sort of a quickie. I had a Lean Pockets Pizzeria Four Cheese Pizza, my first. I really need to find out the wattage on my microwave, because I wasn't sure and I over cooked it, I think. The outside was tough and some of the inside oozed out. The taste wasn't bad or as least I don't think it tasted bad. It was terribly hot and I was terribly hungry.



While I was heating and eating my lean pocket, I was also baking some tator tots, potato puffs, whatever you call them. I seasoned them with garlic and Italian seasoning and I mixed some tomato sauce with pizza seasoning, garlic and some salt to dip my potatoes in. They were very good. I would have done a little Parmesan cheese also, but I keep forgetting to buy any.





It was cold today. There should have been a picture of a hot drink on this page. Maybe I can get one tomorrow. I don't know about everyone else, but I am liking the new look of the site. I do believe it's an improvement, at least that's what I was going for. What do you think of the new look, any suggestions? 

No comments:

Post a Comment