Google Search Results

Saturday, February 19, 2011

How To Kick Up Some Canned Soup


This morning, the first thing I did when I got up was grab a Smart Water, the calorie free way to re-hydrate. A cheaper way is to use Elete electrolyte add in. I haven't tried it yet, but I'm thinking about it, since it's a lot cheaper. 
I slept surprisingly well, considering I pulled a muscle in my back and I haven't been sleeping so well anyway. I had a repeat of yesterday's breakfast. I just love cinnamon. The combo of apple, walnuts and a mixture of cereal over yogurt, just works. I'm also trying to remember to use my ground flax more.



For lunch I had soup and tortilla chips. I used Campbell's Select Harvest Light Southwestern-Style Vegetable Soup. The soup is light on calories at 50 per serving, but also light on flavor. It's mostly broth with very little vegetables and tastes like regular vegetable soup, nothing southwestern about it. I decided to tweak it and added some flavor as well as calories of course. This was very good and I had an extra ladle of the soup.

Soup add-ins:
2 large spoonfuls each corn and rice
4 large spoonfuls black beans 
About 1/3 cup Pace Chunky salsa
2 pinches Mexican oregano
1 pinch Cilantro
uncertain amounts of (I just spinkled in a little of each)
garlic powder
cumin
chili powder
chipotle or smoked jalapeno powder
a sprinkle of Mexican blend cheese

You could use taco seasoning instead of the separate spices. I was just out and haven't gotten around to making more.


After lunch we watched "The Social Network", the movie about Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg. It was sort of interesting to see how it all came together, but the movie itself was not all that great for me. Some parts were even considered annoying, like trying to filter conversation within the movie, through loud and I mean loud, bar music.



Later in the afternoon I wanted something hot to drink. I had a Land O Lakes French Vanilla hot cocoa. I am not a big fan of the French Vanilla. I think the Arctic White was my favorite. I had a terrible sinus headache and was hoping something hot would help. It did a little, but I still haven't shaken it completely.

I had an omelet wrap and salad for dinner. I made a spinach and sundried tomato omelet and wrapped it in a warm flour tortilla spread with cream cheese. The salad was just Romaine, spinach, red & yellow bell, and onion with light ranch dressing. The sundried tomatoes came from Yoder's. I would have used shredded mozzarella if I'd had it and maybe some Italian seasoning if, I'd thought about it. It was not bad, but could have been better.


 If you'd like to check out some of the movies I've seen, just click on the movie label at the bottom of the post and you can see all the posts about movies. Well, that's all folks. Now for some shut eye. Cya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment