Google Search Results

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Another Amy's Light & Lean Dinner Review

 Last night I managed to get everything I needed to do done early. I even had a snack while I was finishing up. I had some baked Tostitos and Queso cheese dip. I have not gotten such a good start tonight.


Although I went to bed early I just didn't feel well rested this morning. I kept waking up, but I didn't want to get up. Of course I got up, I got me a piece of the cranberry pecan baked oatmeal spread with cream cheese and a smart water. I wish I could afford one everyday. I feel so dried out in the winter. I can tell a difference drinking smart water versus ordinary water. I like the Powerade, but I'm not interested in the extra sugar.



I finally found an Amy's frozen dinner that I'm not crazy about. I had an Amy's Light & Lean Pasta & Veggies and a salad with Romaine, carrots, onion, mushroom and Caesar dressing. I didn't realize when I got the dinner, that it had asparagus in it. I am not a big fan of asparagus. I did try it again just in case their way of fixing it done wonders for it and made me a fan, but it was a no go. I don't know if the asparagus made a difference in the taste of the whole dinner or not, but I wasn't all that impressed with the rest of it either. I did eat it, all except for a few of the larger pieces of asparagus and I did like that the veggies weren't squishy, but were firm, like stir fry. The sauce was watery and bland, maybe because it was light & lean; whatever the case, I am definitely not a fan. I guess Amy is better with Mexican dishes. I had also tried the Pesto Tortellini which I also didn't particularly care for. I had forgotten about it until I was looking at previous Amy's reviews. Have you tried any Amy's dinners that you loved? What was your favorite?




 BTW The salad was good!

 My evening snack was a half piece of the baked oatmeal, plain; no peanut butter, no cream cheese, just plain.


It has been difficult for me to enjoy food lately. Every time I think about food, I get heartburn. I've taken acid reducers (the kind you take 30 minutes prior to eating), but I keep forgetting to buy Rolaids, Tums, etc., which helps immediately, nothing seems to work. Everything I eat is very acidic. I had cranberries, in my oatmeal, cream cheese does not help, salad for lunch, pasta with a tomato-y sauce, and for dinner I had a veggie burger, fresh spinach, cheese, and salsa, on a bun with onion rings on the side. Am I a glutton for punishment or what? I have been getting the heartburn before I eat, as I am fixing my food. That alone should tell me I need to eat something different. When just thinking about food gives you heartburn it's time to do something about it. I am sitting here right now, as I type, going up in flames, from the inside out.


Even with heartburn I enjoyed the onion rings. The burger wasn't bad either, but I'm payin' for it now.

It's not extremely late and I'm nearly finished. I going to hurry off to bed and hope I sleep like a baby. I shall return.

No comments:

Post a Comment