Google Search Results

Wednesday, February 02, 2011

A Salty Snack And Great Leftovers


Not breakfast, but a midnight snack. It wasn't even a good for me snack. I really have got to stop eating like I have been. I had potato chips and French onion dip. I hardly every eat chips and dip. I need to get some healthier salty snacks. Lately I crave salty snacks, but I don't have anything that's good for me. I normally do popcorn or pretzels. I'll have to put that on my list.


Have you ever had one of those days....Me too.... today! Actually the whole day wasn't too bad, just the beginning. It started with a dog at 6:30 this morning. I know that a lot of people have already had breakfast by then, but I ain't one of  'em. I said it before and I'll say it again. I am not a morning person. If I am up that early, it's usually because I haven't been to bed yet. I would like to be a morning person, but apparently it's just not in me. DH is a morning person, up and out before the dog started, so it was up to me to take care of the problem. It's like they wait until he leaves.

After taking care of the dog, I went back to bed, only to be interrupted again. My dogs need to get on my schedule, not me on theirs. I got up, but I was not a happy camper. I decided just to stay up this time and so I fixed breakfast. I say that like I cooked some big elaborate meal, when actually what I did was reach for a cherry pastry, peel an orange and put 'em on a plate. It was good. Isn't that what's important?


You need food like this when you're havin' a bad day!

By lunch time I was feeling better, no longer grudgingly withholding dog biscuits. I decided I would have my other 2 fish tacos and rice from Monterrey's. I heated the tacos in my toaster oven. I wasn't sure how that would turn out since they'd gotten a little soggy on the bottom and already had the cabbage on them, but it turned out pretty good. the oven dried the tortillas a little, crisping up the edges and the cabbage was still crisp tender. I'd left the tacos and rice in the take out container and the rice had dried out a little. I added my last spoonful of pinto beans, some of the tomato sauce I'd used to make nachos the other day, and a sprinkle of my taco seasoning to the rice, popped it in the microwave for a couple of minutes and it was even better than it was to begin with. I love when you can tweak leftovers and make them even better. Leftovers tend to have a bad reputation, ya know?



 I also had the last piece of the chocolate peanut butter cake. It was actually for DH, but he wasn't interested. It's really his secret plot to make me fat. 


The day went on without any real excitement. It was cloudy and gray, not a good photo day, but I managed. Natural light seems to be my friend and on day's like today it's hard to come by. When evening comes and it's time for dinner, there is no natural light. Maybe I should  make dinner early while there's still light and reheat and eat later, what do ya think?

On the dinner menu I had a large baked potato and Sunday's broccoli  casserole and stuffed portabella mushroom. I just used a little butter margarine on the potato with salt and freshly cracked pepper. I love freshly cracked pepper. It really makes a difference.




I really think that as far a food goes, today was a pretty good day, considering most of the food was leftovers and the day didn't start off so well. I started off with a salty snack. Do you have any healthy suggestions for salty snacks?

No comments:

Post a Comment