Google Search Results

Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Good Food, Good Company

Today was one of those days when I just would have rather stayed in bed a little longer, but the puppies (little dogs) weren't having any of that. They know they are in control, but only because they have the power of poop on their side. My dream house has a doggie door and a privacy fence enclosed backyard. I plan to buy this dream house when I make my first million.

Even though I was up, I wasn't very motivated. I already had it in my mind what I was having for breakfast, but I just couldn't bring myself to jump up enthusiastically and put it together. I've been sleeping better just not getting to bed early enough. After sitting for a while my hunger got the better of me and I was forced to move my sorry butt, like it or not. All I had to do was toast a trail mix bagel from Panera, warm some peanut butter, mix in a little ground flax, spread it on the bagel and top it with some sliced banana. I used the last chunk of banana to clean up the little bowl I warmed the PB in. I sprinkles sunflower seeds which had fallen of the bagel over the banana. I didn't want to waste those.













We went to my Aunt Lynda's this afternoon to see my other Aunt Patricia, who's visiting. We sat around and talked for a while and then we went out to eat at Monterrey's, a Mexican restaurant. We had eaten there before and I enjoyed their Baja Fish Tacos. I had gotten them before with flour tortillas. I got them again this time, but with soft corn tortillas. I love that the fish is topped with shredded cabbage and pico de gallo. They also come with rice and a chipotle mayo type sauce/dip/whatever, which I didn't particularly care for. I used the salsa that came with the chips on my tacos. I ate 2 of 4 and half the rice, so I have leftovers for tomorrow. Yeah! We should have taken the chips as well, but I didn't think of it at the time. They have pretty good chips and the hot salsa is the best.



This is Patricia. This photo is a little blurry, but I like it because she's smiling. I will have to get one of Lynda next time, lol. I think we all sort of hate having our picture taken, but it's not as bad as we think if we just don't fight it. I have learn to quit dodging and the pictures I'm in aren't great, but much better than the ones before. The smile makes a difference.

We had a good time today and enjoyed our visit. They also brought me a different brand of jalapeno jelly to try, so I will be doing another review before long.

Before I got started on this I had my piece of chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting. I wasn't very hungry, but wanted a little something. How many kids would love chocolate cake for dinner, lol? I'm telling ya, that banana and peanut butter combo is filling. I was not starving at all today.



Another good day, but cold. I just hate when we have those odd warm days, teasing us, then suddenly we get a cold slap in the face, that says, ha, ha, not yet! Have you had enough cold, snow, ice, etc. or is this your thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment