Google Search Results

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Trying To Eat Healthier

Another day of catch up. I thought this one was going to be a late post as well, but if I hurry I might just be able to relax a little. This morning was not welcome. I did not sleep well at all. Soon after I finally got to sleep, it was time to get up. Surprisingly I have felt pretty good for most of the day. I have been tired, but not stressed or irritable. I fixed myself a trail mix bagel with Omega 3 peanut butter and fruit 'n' fitness snack mix sprinkled on top. I even felt good enough to dress it up a little....my very on little sun. Who says "don't play with your food"?



When I'm really tired, I want chocolate. Luckily I had some. 

Cake was very close to lunch, so I had leftover macaroni salad.

Lindsay asked me to watch Lexi again today, so that she could take Mary, who hasn't been feeling well, to the doctor. We didn't want to risk another 3 hour visit. Lexi and I enjoyed a nice play date, no pictures, sorry. We were very busy watching Dora, fixing hair, playing ball and bowling with fisher price little people, mowing them down with a 5 lb. weight. I really should have gotten pictures. 

We also had sandwiches. Lexi had a grilled cheese with pickles. I'm working on iron and vitamin C, so I had a grilled egg salad & spinach sandwich. The egg has the more easily absorb-able heme iron, the spinach has the non-heme iron which is not as easily absorbed. Vitamin C or heme iron are needed to improve absorption of non heme iron. Spinach also has vitamin C. It was a very good sandwich.

Later after Lexi went home I had a salad....romaine, red & yellow bell pepper, my last mushroom, broccoli, onion and croutons. I just remembered I meant to throw some carrot in there too, oops. I used Fit & Active Light Caesar from Aldi. I didn't care for it. It was the first Caesar dressing I've eaten that was slightly sweet, not good. I will have to tweak it to eat the rest. 


Last minute additions were ground flax and chopped walnuts. I'm also gettin' my Omega 3's.

Most people don't eat everything they should, I know I don't, but I'm trying.
What ways are you trying to improve your diet? 


Well I'm finished. I managed to get caught up after all. I was really beginning to wonder. The thing that takes the most time is deciding on a title. I always get stuck, eventually I just pick something. Thanks for stoppin' by. I can always use more subscribers. Cya tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment